“Bring cash!”

Steamboat Ski Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: A year-round resort offering winter and spring skiing on 165 trails of trademark "champagne powder," plus hiking, biking and other outdoor activities in summer and fall.
Reviewed 4 September 2017

They do not accept credit or debit cards. Get there before 12pm because there may be a line and chairs are limited. Do not pack food you can not est at the spring although there are picnic facilities available near the parking lot. We rode our bicycles from town but the last 2 miles are a dirt road and verticle! !!! Do not attempt if you are not in great shape.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We bought the kid day passes for $49 (7 kids) the kids were having a great time did 4 to 5 activities... and then they shut down for weather! What a huge waste of money!we asked about a refund and were told we got our money's worth... really let me be the judge on my money!! Who in their right mind would pay $17 to jump on a trampoline for 3 mins? These are not theme park rides... these are basically chuckle cheese level rides!
For $49 I could have taken the kids to a real theme park!
The staff in the ticket office were down right rude! I have better costumer service at Walmart... shame on you guys!!

2  Thank Amanda O
Matt R, Director of Sales at Steamboat Ski Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

I'm truly sorry that you had a bad experience in our adventure zone. If you would be willing to reach out to Matt in the ticket office by emailing tickets@steamboat.com I would like to try to make this right. Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Disappointed and feel there is a bit of false advertising. The adventure Zone offers a per ride pass and an all day pass. $17 for each 2-5 minute activity, or $50 for a day pass. Passes include a rock wall, bungee/trampoline jumping, water balls, tube slides, ropes course, mini golf, and gondola rides. Sales states the day pass gets you all inclusive rides as many as you want.

However, then reality is that if for any reason the activities close, the resort measures refundable value by how many activities you have done. If you did three activities, you would receive no compensation, because you exceeded the value of the day pass. In other words you did 3 activities at $17 each and only paid $50. In short it's not a day pass, it is a customer risk proposition. Most would never pay $17 for one activity much less 3 at $17 each, but the resort takes that choice away from you. Most airlines are more flexible.

Taken individually the activities are not worth $17, only one step above carnival rides.

To be very clear and fair, the attendants of the activities were all nice and professional and great with the kids! Hence 2 stars rather than 1.

It is unfortunate the ticket sales associates have been given no authority to make decisions and are just responsible for transactions.

Also, the gondola is considered an extra, after the fact. So if you don't do it forget it.

So our day passes were really $300 and do as much as you can as fast as you can, in hopes the weather doesn't change.

We had also purchased gondola passes for adults for over $150, but since the kids passes weren't really as advertised we returned them. So basically Steamboat lost $150 by disappointing customers and selling day passes that are really "buy 3 and do as much as you can passes".

On top of it all the place was empty, between winter activities start and after school started. Besides one other family we were the only one's there, so they wouldn't have been losing any revenue or disappointing customers. Poor decision making just lead them to loose $150 on idle assets.

For the $300 there are many other things you can do in Steamboat, that aren't $5 a minute.

2  Thank rogarting
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Great resort! We stayed in the Champagne Lodge and from our living room you could look up a see the slopes.They had hot chocolate waiting on you in the afternoon after a day of skiing. There are two busses that come by the resort, one will take you to the slopes and the other one will take you anywhere in town you want to go and they will even come pick you up when you call them. Would definitely stay there again!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Let me say one thing first, my family has a vacation home in Steamboat, we have been to Steamboat numerous times over the years. I love Steamboat in the summer time. We decided to go to the mountain today as my youngest wanted to do some of the rides/games they had to offer. We spent $49 for an all day pass. We got to do 3 things before they closed for a weather delay. No weather, just some clouds. No one could tell us when they would open the rides again. I inquired about a rain check they told me NO. Since she had ridden 3 rides we had gotten our money's worth?!? Really I've never paid $49 for 3 rides, total rip off and the worst part about it is the man I talked to was a smug jerk who didn't see why I was upset?!? Shame on you Steamboat for such horrible policies and service!

5  Thank Jsthon