“Neither Modern Nor Fancy but Clean”
Review of Western Lodge

Western Lodge
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 2 September 2007

The owners have not made any efforts to update furnishings or interiors but everything (showers, outlets, lights, tv, minifridge) worked just fine. It was clean and reasonably quiet and the bed was comfortable. On the good side, it's within walking distance to downtown for dining and shopping. Although odd, the owner was helpful.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank FunAnywhere
There are newer reviews for Western Lodge

Reviewed 30 April 2006

All i can say do not stay here.The rooms are run down and nasty.The old guy that check us in was rude and tried to double bills us. What really buged me was he acted like he was doing us a favor.There are alot nicer places to stay in "The Boat"

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank JayM123
Reviewed 4 September 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Western Lodge over Labor Day 2005. It's nothing fancy, but if you're looking for clean, and cheap this is the place. It's at the edge of downtown and within walking distance of many restaurants. Plus, Steamboat has a free bus system, so you can get around quite easily.
Our hotel room was quite spacious and had a small refrigerator in it. It worked well for us.

• Stayed: September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Lafayette, CO
Reviewed 11 May 2005

My boyfriend and I decided to try to find a good deal for a hotel in Steamboat springs for Presidents day weekend. I had contacted the Western Lodge that Wednesday before and the lady quoted me 42.00 a night and the room avaliable (which was the only room available) was a two queen bed room. I called around to different hotels, and when I called back to make a reservation the next day, the "owner" said that the price just went up to 84.00. I explained that I had talked to someone the day before and they quoted me of 42.00 a night, and asked him if he would honor the price I was given the day before. He said no because the person I talked to the day before was wrong on the pricing. I also mentioned that when I checked on his website it also mentioned 42.00 a night. He said because there were two queen beds, he is charging 42.00 a bed a night. I explained that it was only my boyfriend and I (we will obviously be sharing a bed), and he said he understood that, but there are two beds in the room and he charged by the bed not the room. Needless to say we did not stay there.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member