My husband and I stayed for 4 nights for a snowboarding trip. We booked a king deluxe room through sniqueaway.com
The location is unbeatable. The free gondola is literally right outside the window. There is also a chair lift that takes you midway up he mountain.
As much as people say other hotels have shuttles that take them to the lift, you cannot beat the convenience of taking off your skis/board and just walking 5 steps into your hotel.
Telluride main st is 1 block away and since the town is quite small, you can walk to all the eateries/museum/stores.
Our room was very spacious and had lots of storage space (large wardrobe and drawers). Lots of lamps and many outlets in literally every corner of the room which I loved being that nowadays everyone has a phone/iPad/computer/camera etc that needs charging.
Bed was super comfortable and lots of pillows.
Bathroom was huge and even came with cotton balls and q tips; details that make a guest feel welcome.
Large flat screen (but no hd :( )
Despite the gondola being right outside, we were not bothered by any noise but we were there during a lull (lack of snow)
Breakfast got tiring by the 3rd day, bagels, instant oatmeal, cereal, bananas, pastries and such. Good selection of teas, hot chocolate, coffee. But considering price of eating out in telluride, we figured it wasn't so bad.
Hot tub is beautiful. Amazing view!
Only strange problem, which really is a first world problem, is that it was sooooo hot in the room. We turned off the heat but apparently it never turns off. We had to keep the windows open to make it bearable. I love being warm, so for me to be too hot, it says a lot. (room 211)
Also this didn't help the dryness. Humidifier in room would have bumped up to 5 stars.
Overall highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Resort Hotel situated on the San Miguel River and adjacent to the gondola to the ski area. The Camels Garden is ski in ski out at the base of the Gondola and Lift 8. No hotel in Telluride can match the luxury and location of the Camels Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Camel's Garden Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camel`s Garden Hotel And Condominiums
- Camels Garden Hotel Condominiums
- Camels Garden Telluride