“Excellent restaurant in Telluride”
Review of Hongas - CLOSED

Hongas
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spruce Street
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is an outstanding restaurant. The upper level is semi-formal and the basement is informal and perfect for families with kids. The drinks are excellent and the Mojitos are well prepared. The sushi was outstanding. The pot-stickers are perhaps one of the best you are going to find. The thai food was quite good -- different from Siam (a good thai restaurant in Telluride) but still good. Service was outstanding. A bit pricey - but you are in Telluride!

1  Thank traveller61222

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

From the moment my family walked in we enjoyed our dinning experience. The menu was great with lots of variety. We have two teenage girls who like sushi and my husband who eats anything spicy and complex and the menu catered to everyone. Our waiter was the best .. Explained how everything was prepared even told us a few things to help with the altitude. Would go again in a heart beat. Recommend the Ginger Pork potstickers!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I disliked the close proximity to other dining guests. However, I am willing to overlook that. The revelation rolls are my favorite. They have fresh jalepeno and are topped with a slice of peach along with the fish, rice, cilantro, etc. The batter on the tempura has honey and the sauce that comes with it is a little spicy, such a mouthwatering dish. I also had the green papaya salad, which was fresh and crispy. The service was fast even with a packed house. A well managed restaurant that cares for its environment. I highly recommend!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went to Honga's recently and were disappointed in the quality. In the past we have been amazed by the food, but I guess that couldn't last. Two of the rolls were low to average. Two were slightly above average. The mojitos were too limey and tasted as if they had cheated us on the liquor. The bill was extreme. We might give it one more try. Maybe it was a bad day.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Telluride is full of plain old average but expensive restaurants with iffy service and food quality. Honga's gets good marks from us for being good in all categories.

1  Thank mbrinkley3