“A seafront resort to relax”

Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Jomtien Beach
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My family had a retreat in this resort with pools in different shape and direct access to beach where you have a relax. The selection in Breakfast is good with variety daily.

As water went down very slow in the hand wash sinks, we asked for changing room next morning. Their guest relationship officer re-assigned a room that has a double bed and a single bed that helped us more comfortable to sleep with a baby.

The friendly staff who would always greet hotel guests, especially certain staff at Tongsai Restaurant that always gave affectionate embrace to my daughter.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Pinnacle Grand. Jomtein Beach. Breakfast was great and we found the meals reasonably priced and good. A lot of resorts charge a lot for meals so you end up going elsewhere so was great to be able to dine in. Pools good and the sea ok to swim in. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017

What an experience. Looking forward to come again. Everything is in order. Right from the rooms the swimming pools the food the support staff. Everything is just flawless.I highly recommend it. A truly excellent property. Real value for money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sisir K
Pinnacle H, General Manager at Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear SiSir K

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your review following your recent stay at the Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort
It was indeed a pleasure to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. At Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort, we constantly strive to provide our guests with an incomparable stay and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I am sure that your feedback will be an encouragement to all the staff.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Annually, for many years now, I have taken my family to Thailand during the summer low season. We do this for economic reasons and our stays have run the gamut from budget accommodations to promotional upgrades and suites, from rural locations to the heart of resort beaches and tourist traps

Never, in 17 years, have I had a better stay. It wasn't absolutely perfect, but it was the best vacation I've had yet.

Located on it's own private beach in Jomtien, The Pinnacle is an established resort, having been around for years. The building itself reflects this; it's apparent that it's older construction, a bit creaky and wear and tear is evident - if you look for it. And, for me, that adds an element of charm.

But it's also apparent that management and ownership have ensured the facilities are up-to-date and code. I had no apprehensions of boarding my family here. None.

As I mentioned, we came during low season and the grounds are surrounded by the typical lushness of Thai vegetation, so bugs (particularly mosquitoes) can be an issue. But they're mitigated by a couple common sense precautions, such as body sprays and taking your pool towel back to your room, where you drop it in front of your room door to block the bottom, where the pests tend to enter from. Fold the towel longways (to get enough length to cover the width of the door) and pack it up against the door tightly. Do this from the outside of the door so it doesn't get swept around (door opens into the room) and the staff will leave it there, as it's a practice seen around the entire hotel. And that's it. This is the only drawback. I'm serious; this was the only aggravation. And it's minor.

The rooms themselves are ordinary, not exceptionally large or anything. The beds were quite comfortable and there's free wifi in every room (each with it's own log-in). it's my opinion that these are the only things that matter in a room at a resort. If you're concerned with television reception or room service, I don't think a resort is where you should be. But that's MHO.

Pools. They're everywhere. All shapes and sizes (and depths). I have one gripe here and it's not because of the Pinnacle; it's every hotel in Thailand and that's the amount of chlorine in the water. If I can smell the chlorine before I get to the pool, you're using too much. Again, the Pinnacle was as guilty of this as the other two hotels we stayed at this year and every hotel we were at last year. I don't know why that is, but if other hoteliers are reading this review, throttle back on the chemicals. Thankfully, because of the pristine, private beach here... not much time was spent at the pools.

The onsite dining facility was excellent! There is, what I would describe as a mini-village... adjacent to the hotel, with a number of shops and restaurants (because the resort is a bit in the sticks, so you're a drive from anything resembling a downtown). The Glass House (top-drawer dining) is a 10 minute walk up the road, but a bit on the pricey side. It also has it's own private beach, but there are a number of Thai eateries on the beach, if you take the walk, but I digress...

Just about any hotel worth it's salt offers the "free breakfast." Let me tell you something; most of those "free breakfast" buffets border on yuck and worse.

The "free breakfast" buffet at the Pinnacle? I would have paid. Man, it just blew us away. We've stayed at hotels where your individually-ordered omelet was prepared by someone "in training" and usually with just a cart and a hot plate. Not at the Pinnacle; here you get someone who knows what they're doing and they have the entire kitchen at their disposal. You can order your eggs any type, style, size, whatever... and it's done perfectly. The spread is a site to behold; every conceivable menu item is there and you can have it your way, all free, all morning.

The grounds of the hotel are manicured, as expected. The free-roaming exotic birds were not. Let that marinate.

The beach... oh my...

Clean, groomed and watched. Yes. By security personnel. So that you can leave your stuff on the chair and wade out, without having to worry if it'll remain unmolested and there when you get back. Give 'em a tip and your stay will extrapolate to something equivalent to diplomatic levels. The beach bar staff as well.

While we're on that subject, let's talk about the staff.

Hotel staffs run the gamut of human nature; some excel and some don't. Some enjoy their work and some endure. I don't need to stay in hotels to experience these differences; you can see them at work or at the local supermarket.

There was something different about this staff. Yes, they smiled constantly, as is normal for Thai people. But this was different. This was joy. This staff laughed when we joked, they waid when we came and left and they made it their mission to make sure we were comfortable and that went from the room service to the front desk. Courteous. And respectful. And management was seen, walking around, greeting customers and making everyone's day as best as possible.

I could go on (as if I'm not already) but I think it's clear by now that this was the best stay my family and I have ever experienced in all of our travels.

If you're going to be in-country and in the area during low season and need exceptional accommodations without the exceptional prices, I emphatically recommend The Pinnacle. Hit the beach, order your preferred adult beverage and let it all go.

They'll have your back.

Room Tip: The closer you go to the beach, the older the rooms get.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank matsellah

Dear matsellah,

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We booked on the morning of arrival. We checked in early and the staff were very nice and helpful and did there best for us not to have a long wait. Very efficient.
The hotel is in lovely grounds leading to the sandy beach. 2 large pools which I went in both. Breakfast was very good. Lots of choice, of course buffet style so not for the customer who wants serving freshly cooked food.
The Spa is definitely worth a visit. The 2 ladies there gave a very good foot massage.
The reception team organised a taxi to take us to the floating market, a large boat selling lots of gifts, also worth a visit.
I will be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Pinnacle H, General Manager at Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear d-brooks3,

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The place seemingly also attracts seminar groups and it can get busy havin the around. However we had the villas across the roads and the crowds did notreally bother us. At breakfast it can get very crowded.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Pnghenryb,

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my sister spent two nights in a standard room. Loved the garden, pools(although they close at 7pm, which is quite early), and the beach area.

My only disappointment was that furniture was a bit old, and toilet had low water pressure which made it hard to flush every time.

Recommend to those who want quiet beach holiday away from red light shops in Pattaya

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Cosy Beach Hotel
#35 of 456 in Pattaya
8.2 km away
Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya

Been to Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort? Share your experiences!