“very average dining experience”
Review of Purgatoire on Elm - CLOSED

Purgatoire on Elm
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Purgatoire on Elm is Open for Dinner - Mon - Sat: 5:00pm till 9:00pm.Happy Hour - Mon - Sat: 5:00pm till 7:00pm.Saturday Night entertainment: Karaoke, Bands, Dance Parties.We have over 2-1/2 acres for parking. Plenty of room for you RV'ers. Our outdoor patio is one of a kind in Trinidad. We actually have one with some size to it.
Reviewed 1 August 2013

service was very slow at the start, waiters talking to friends at their tables. Food was ok, perhaps a bit pricey for the quality--the entree tasted as though it was something frozen heated up, but the fries were good. It's housed in the old train station and is lovely on the outside, but the interior is about as cheery as a train station waiting room

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a family group visiting Trinidad and were looking for a good place to have lunch. Walking around the historic town and saw that there was a restaurant in the old train depot-- so we wandered in and immediately liked the ambiance, the cleanliness and wait staff. The wide menu is surprising for such a small town--something to please everyone. All of our meals were a hit with all in the group. I chose the fish and chips and I'm very picky because I lived in England two years and had the authentic dish. When the owner told me it would be close to authentic, he was truthful! It was the closest I have ever found in the States. The batter was perfect, the fish juicy and mild and the chips thin and crispy. My husband had a Philly Cheese Steak that he said was awesome. Others at the table found their meals equally enticing. This has to be one of the best dining experiences in Trinidad. Who would think there is such a gem in a small town like Trinidad? I’m so glad there is because we WILL be back every time we go to Colorado.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had a family reunion in Trinidad, and chose Pergatoire on Elm as one of our meals. Rick, the owner was great, our numbers grew over and above what we reserved for, but they took very good care of us and service was great! BBQ was pretty tasty and overall it was a good meal. My only suggestion would be, "if you're serving a great BBQ, step up and away from the canned green beans and frozen garlic bread. A fresh seasonal vegetable and/ or fruit blend with a crusty, fresh baked, dinner roll would put you over the top"! Thanks for the great evening, I would recommend this restaurant for any event!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I cannot for the life of me figure out the positive reviews of this restaurant. I ordered the Rib Eye rare ... and what I got was a 3/8" piece of well done rubber. As other reviewers have pointed out, the green beans were straight out of the can, and the price was very high for such poor quality. The only redeeming quality was that the service was good. But, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

2  Thank Bobolink999
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Ate dinner here. Restaurant is a former train depot one block north of Main Street.

We had the flour and corn chips with queso and salsa. The chips were served hot and fresh. Good appetizer.

At the suggestion of the server I had the portobello ravioli which is served on fettucine with Alfredo sauce, salad and garlic bread. The salad and the ravioli was good.

My sweetie ordered the herb crusted porkchop. It was quite tough and was served with canned spinach...YUCK! The spinach was straight from the can and did not have any seasoning added.

Our server was okay, but when my sweetie complained about his pork chop she was flustered.

I do have to note that tables around us had ordered BBQ. Their plates were cleaned up with the exception of the spinach.

The restaurant had an extensive menu, so we will probably try it again and not order the spinach.