“Good Ribs!”
Review of Purgatoire on Elm - CLOSED

Purgatoire on Elm
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Purgatoire on Elm is Open for Dinner - Mon - Sat: 5:00pm till 9:00pm.Happy Hour - Mon - Sat: 5:00pm till 7:00pm.Saturday Night entertainment: Karaoke, Bands, Dance Parties.We have over 2-1/2 acres for parking. Plenty of room for you RV'ers. Our outdoor patio is one of a kind in Trinidad. We actually have one with some size to it.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a chance to visit the Purgatoire on Elm in Trinidad a few months ago. I ordered the rack of ribs, not getting my hopes up to high as this part of the country is not known for its BBQ. I was surprised at how meaty the ribs were, cooked to perfection. The fact that I could get sweet potato fries was an added bonus.
We have eaten there several times after and have always had a good meal. But my favorite is still the rack of ribs!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

service was very slow at the start, waiters talking to friends at their tables. Food was ok, perhaps a bit pricey for the quality--the entree tasted as though it was something frozen heated up, but the fries were good. It's housed in the old train station and is lovely on the outside, but the interior is about as cheery as a train station waiting room

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a family group visiting Trinidad and were looking for a good place to have lunch. Walking around the historic town and saw that there was a restaurant in the old train depot-- so we wandered in and immediately liked the ambiance, the cleanliness and wait staff. The wide menu is surprising for such a small town--something to please everyone. All of our meals were a hit with all in the group. I chose the fish and chips and I'm very picky because I lived in England two years and had the authentic dish. When the owner told me it would be close to authentic, he was truthful! It was the closest I have ever found in the States. The batter was perfect, the fish juicy and mild and the chips thin and crispy. My husband had a Philly Cheese Steak that he said was awesome. Others at the table found their meals equally enticing. This has to be one of the best dining experiences in Trinidad. Who would think there is such a gem in a small town like Trinidad? I’m so glad there is because we WILL be back every time we go to Colorado.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a family reunion in Trinidad, and chose Pergatoire on Elm as one of our meals. Rick, the owner was great, our numbers grew over and above what we reserved for, but they took very good care of us and service was great! BBQ was pretty tasty and overall it was a good meal. My only suggestion would be, "if you're serving a great BBQ, step up and away from the canned green beans and frozen garlic bread. A fresh seasonal vegetable and/ or fruit blend with a crusty, fresh baked, dinner roll would put you over the top"! Thanks for the great evening, I would recommend this restaurant for any event!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I cannot for the life of me figure out the positive reviews of this restaurant. I ordered the Rib Eye rare ... and what I got was a 3/8" piece of well done rubber. As other reviewers have pointed out, the green beans were straight out of the can, and the price was very high for such poor quality. The only redeeming quality was that the service was good. But, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

2  Thank Bobolink999