“Surprisingly good food in small town”
Review of Purgatoire on Elm - CLOSED

Purgatoire on Elm
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Purgatoire on Elm is Open for Dinner - Mon - Sat: 5:00pm till 9:00pm.Happy Hour - Mon - Sat: 5:00pm till 7:00pm.Saturday Night entertainment: Karaoke, Bands, Dance Parties.We have over 2-1/2 acres for parking. Plenty of room for you RV'ers. Our outdoor patio is one of a kind in Trinidad. We actually have one with some size to it.
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Twenty two hungry bicyclists descended on the restaurant. Two servers took our orders and didn't mix anything up. The barbecue brisket sandwich and sweet potato fries were excellent. The other twenty one diners cleaned their plates. I also had a glass of good Riesling . Everyone was happy.

1  Thank Leah712

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Saw the reviews while searching for a dinner venue on a stopover from TX to Crested Butte. Purgatoire on Elm did not disappoint. From happy hour drink specials through our entrees, everything was delightful. Our party had fried chicken, fried cod, chicken Alfredo and a New York strip. All were flavorful, served hot and nicely proportioned. The charming venue is an old train station, and the staff including Rick, the owner, were fabulous. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had a chance to visit the Purgatoire on Elm in Trinidad a few months ago. I ordered the rack of ribs, not getting my hopes up to high as this part of the country is not known for its BBQ. I was surprised at how meaty the ribs were, cooked to perfection. The fact that I could get sweet potato fries was an added bonus.
We have eaten there several times after and have always had a good meal. But my favorite is still the rack of ribs!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

service was very slow at the start, waiters talking to friends at their tables. Food was ok, perhaps a bit pricey for the quality--the entree tasted as though it was something frozen heated up, but the fries were good. It's housed in the old train station and is lovely on the outside, but the interior is about as cheery as a train station waiting room

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a family group visiting Trinidad and were looking for a good place to have lunch. Walking around the historic town and saw that there was a restaurant in the old train depot-- so we wandered in and immediately liked the ambiance, the cleanliness and wait staff. The wide menu is surprising for such a small town--something to please everyone. All of our meals were a hit with all in the group. I chose the fish and chips and I'm very picky because I lived in England two years and had the authentic dish. When the owner told me it would be close to authentic, he was truthful! It was the closest I have ever found in the States. The batter was perfect, the fish juicy and mild and the chips thin and crispy. My husband had a Philly Cheese Steak that he said was awesome. Others at the table found their meals equally enticing. This has to be one of the best dining experiences in Trinidad. Who would think there is such a gem in a small town like Trinidad? I’m so glad there is because we WILL be back every time we go to Colorado.