All reviews the barn bear cabin tall pines hot tub independence pass mount elbert gas stove massive room three nights coffee maker my husband and i sitting area cooking oil these cabins heaven on earth great hiking comfortable cabin
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had hoped to book a cabin here but was too late so booked a room in the lodge. We were the only people in the lodge so it was like having a great big cabin to ourselves. This was the best two days of our 6 day road trip around Colorado by far. The peace, quiet and tranquility were superb and so relaxing. The owner, Scott, was a great host; coming to cook us breakfast each morning while giving us lots of space to enjoy the location. Will go back - hot tub under the stars was an added bonus. Views are unbeatable. Also, highly recommend the Twin Lakes Fine Dining restaurant at Twin Lakes, a culinary delight.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nikkitred
Reviewed June 20, 2014

An easy drive to Aspen or to Salida, but a completely remote, rustic, scenic location. I will be making this my new home away from home. Great service, adorably rustic cabins, clean, quiet and cozy. Couldn't have asked for a better place to decompress.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Rustic Cabins in a awesome winter location. Great snowshoeing and the Elk Cabin is like a home away from home. This cabin has extra amenities like a dishwasher and Satellite TV. It's very comfortable with beautiful views of Rinker Peak off the back deck.

Room Tip: If you like "modern" choose the Elk or Cinnamon Bear Cabins, otherwise any of the other cabins are much more "rustic" but still very comfortable just not as many amenities.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WTWheels
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our experience at mount Elbert lodge is one that will never be forgotten! There are absolutely no words to describe just how perfect it was! We stayed in the cinnamon bear cabin which invitied us with a warm and cozy feeling. We went towards the end of January to experience my first time seeing snow and I have to say I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else! The customer service was fantastic and every morning they plowed our driveway and emptied our trash so we wouldn't have to do it ourselves. The views were beyond breathtaking with the the Rocky Mountains right in front of you and twin lakes not to far away. The location was perfect as it was between 2 towns about the same distance from where we stayed. The ultimate winter wonderland, I can't wait till we return again next year!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I came up to Twin Lakes on whim and stayed in the Bed and Breakfast. We had a great stay! Scott was welcoming and very helpful! We were able to rent snow shoes and Scott told us about a beautiful trail to go on. We are also gluten-free and they catered to our needs. They even let us take the gluten-free bread home with us! We can't wait to come back again in the spring to see how the spectacular landscape changes. We are still in awe of the setting and Mt. Elbert Lodge. Highly recommend it!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple