“Excellent stays in Summer of 2011 and 2009” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vail Cascade Resort & Spa

Vail Cascade Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent stays in Summer of 2011 and 2009”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is a fantastic, well laid out resort that has both hotel rooms and luxury condo rentals managed by and within the property. I have stayed in both. Obviously the luxury condo suites are better, stayed there in 2011 summer for a family reunion with about 17 people. Everyone loved it

The pluses:
The pool,- it overlooks the Gore Creek, has a great hot tub, and is well equipped with chairs and service people if you want a beverage or food.
The gym- you get access to the Aria, which is a comprehensive spa/gym facility. Huge, tons of equipment, classes, sauna/steam/etc. Clean, well organized. A plus
The condo- huge, well appointed, and has that Colorado feel. parking is included at the condo, and so was wifi.

there are frequent shuttles to Vail Village, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the food was great. REally, overall an A+

If you are staying in the hotel rooms, they are normal hotel rooms, nothing too fancy, but you still get access to all the amenities and at much cheaper price point.

Room Tip: If you can get a condo facing the creek, do so
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank doctorty
Brett S, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear doctorty,
Reading your review is the reason I enjoy being the General Manager of Vail Cascade Resort. It is truly delightful to hear that you have been a loyal guest for many years and have had a great experience every time you visited. We are grateful to have your business and appreciate your review on TripAdvisor. If you’re planning to return this summer, which we hope you do, we look forward to welcoming you back. In addition to celebrating our 30th anniversary, we have many great activities going on this summer, including BBQs, dive-in movies, boat races at the pool, beer events, KidVenture and more! Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can make your return visit even more enjoyable than the last.

Thanks again,
Vail Cascade Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was our third visit to this hotel in three years. It is good, but we felt it was simply not as good as before. Rooms and outdoor pool area are lovely and spotlessly clean.
Staff attention to detail however was not quite so good. It had been a very poor season, snow wise, and maybe they were a bit fed up, but for customers who have an annual ski holiday, they deserved more. Some staff were great, but overall not as good as we had experienced before, it was all a bit of an effort. Would we go back a fourth time - maybe/maybe not?

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear elmScotland,
We are disappointed to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. As a loyal guest of Vail Cascade, each visit should be better than the last. I can assure you that the poor winter season is not an excusable reason for our service team to not deliver the best service. I appreciate you providing us with your feedback and I can promise you that we have addressed it with our team. Your feedback is invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our processes and service standards as a AAA Four Diamond resort in Vail. We do hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can make your next visit more enjoyable.

SE Aurora
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This resort property was incredibly clean, postcard perfect, with a helpful staff from the moment of check-in. Gabby at the front desk was awesome. She greeted me, checked me in quickly and answered all of my questions. The room was an upgrade and I was not disappointed. Extremely clean, comfortable bed, large screen TV and a nice shower made this very memorable. The conceirge folks gave us tips on casual places to dine at Vail Village and Lions Head. They provide a quick shuttle service direct from the hotel and the conceirge knew exactly when the next shuttle would arrive for us. VERY well coordinated. Ultimately, I came for the spa and I was not disappointed. My massage therapist Dave was seriously amazing and some of the massage techniques he incorporated gave me goose pimples. Im a registered massage therapist and I left learning some new techniques that I will use in the future. The only disappointment was that I had made all of the spa arrangements prior to arrival and knew exactly what the fees were going to be. But once I went to pay it was not what I was quoted. The person I had brought with me had to hear what I paid for everything and it was inappropriate and embarassing. And later when I returned to use the spa after being out, the after hours receptionist neglected to give us keys for a locker so we had to make our way back down to her to get keys. Had it not been for this experience at the spa, this resort would have gotten an excellent rating.

Room Tip: Splurge for the upgraded room. It is well worth it and not much more expensive.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brett S, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
It was great to read your review and hear that you had an awesome visit. We value your attention to detail and are pleased that you enjoyed our amenities, as well as a relaxing massage from Dave at Aria Spa. We also appreciate you informing us of your experience upon check out. As a top-rated spa in Vail, we follow certain policies to ensure everyone is billed correctly for the services received. While it is important that we’re accurate in accounting, we appreciate your candid feedback on how this made you feel and will share this with our team as a learning opportunity. Thanks again for your feedback, we hope you come back and enjoy another “postcard perfect” stay.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are nice and spacious, and the staff is fabulous and always helpful. We've stayed there twice, and would definitely stay there again. They offer a shuttle into Lionshead and Vail Village, so getting around without a car is a breeze. They even started a shuttle once a day to the local grocery store, which is awesome!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear itsmelaney,
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your return visit to Vail Cascade! It sounds like you took full advantage of our shuttle service and convenient location. We do hope you return for another stay soon and please let us know if we can make your next visit even more memorable.

With thanks,
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the Vail Cascade. Service was oustanding all the way around. Everyone we dealt with was helpful and quite courteous. I had found a deeply discounted price for a 4th floor standard-limited room through a 3rd party website, but felt a little uneasy booking and prepaying for it. When I called the Vail Cascade reservations line directly, they immediately offered to match the rate and offered to hold the room for 24 hrs while we shopped around and made a decision. The room itself was plenty spacious and clean (the room wasn't nearly as "limited" as I had feared it might be). Only complaints were that it was rather warm (we ended up having to open the window at night) and hallway noise woke us up a few times. The lobby lounge is cozy with a nice big fireplace, good selection of craft beers, and tasty bar snacks/appetizers.The on-site chair lift was very convenient and on-site storage and service made it easy to get out on the slopes. The shuttle service was also a nice feature and runs frequently (until midnight). My advice would be to make sure you know exactly where it picks up before you get out on the slopes. We wore ourselves out the first day trudging around Lionshead with our ski gear looking for the stop. With the convenience of the shuttle though, I don't think we missed out on a thing by not staying in downtown Vail Village or Lionshead.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We wanted to try something different and save money. This is NOT a value hotel.
The blonde female front desk manager was irritatingly giggly and carried on a personal conversation while my kids were trying to ask how to get to the spa. They did not need to hear about the previous nights drinking.
We were charged for parking, even though we were told the room key works no matter what. We don't mind paying, but why charge an exorbitant amount for a garage far away that offers free parking either way?
the rooms were cramped and needed updating.
It is a great quiet location but needs lots of help.
We will return to the Sonnenalp next year.

Room Tip: Creekside rooms would be nice if available but you'd be better off at another hotel where they v...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Brett S, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Betty J,

We are disappointed to learn that your recent stay didn’t meet your expectations. I can assure you that your interaction with the front office staff doesn’t meet our own standards. The feedback you provided will be pivotal to the training, coaching and counseling of our associates. We take great pride in hiring the best in Vail and training our associates to ensure interactions meet our exacting standards.

As for parking in the winter season, we offer very competitive pricing in Vail. We are sorry to hear you were not aware of this information prior to your arrival. The parking fee is something we communicate throughout the reservation process, as well as on our Website and in our reservation confirmation and pre-arrival communications. In the summer, we are pleased to offer complimentary parking to all our guests.

As we continue to improve processes, reviews such as yours in invaluable. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope you allow us another opportunity to showcase what we truly represent. If you choose to return to Vail Cascade, please contact me directly and I’ll make sure that your next stay is up to your standards, as well as ours.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is not a five star hotel but it was a very nice stay. The service was excellent. Our room was nice. We stayed in a deluxe room at an affordable price. Good size for my husband and I and our daughter who stayed in a crib. While we were there they offered a beer and food pairing at the Atwater on Gore Creek restaurant. The food was fantastic. I look forward to going back and eating a meal there. The beer was just okay... not our taste. We played in the heated pool which was kept at a nice temperature and was quite beautiful as it was an infinity pool which backed up to the mountains. The hot tub was in a great location as well but it had too much foam which I wish they would have been kept up better. I also was surprised to see that the staff were dressed sloppy or casual. But minus their appearance they were very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brett S, General Manager at Vail Cascade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear happyhappyfamily,
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. With so many hotels to choose from in Vail, we are glad you selected to stay with us. Time and time again we are recognized for providing a great experience at an exceptional value due to our service, amenities and location. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our heated infinity edge pool and hot tub, as well as our dining offerings. As Vail’s home of creative cuisine and craft beer, we’re hoping to help guests explore the world of craft beer and artisan food pairing through educational events such as the one you attended. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the food!

We also take great pride in providing a relaxed, sophisticated yet casual atmosphere and expect our team members to be professional at all times, including in appearance. Thank you for providing your feedback on this; we value your opinion and want to make sure all our guests feel comfortable and at home when staying with us.