“Delicious and authentic! A real treat.”
Review of Almresi Restaurant

Almresi Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Almresi Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Description: Our cuisine is inspired by the Alps and the Rocky Mountains and the cozy The European rustic mountain cottage offers daily Dinner in a cozy exceptional atmosphere. Be inspired by our welcoming staff and join us for daily Après Ski and Happy hour! Don’t miss our take away window for early birds!
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Almresi in Vail village is not to be missed if you are a fan of German food. The decor is warm and inviting, the food is very authentic, and the staff is straight from Germany. The experience is wonderful and we felt it was fairly priced. So glad we went! Highly Reccommended,

Reviewed March 8, 2018

If you looking for a really unique spot and amazing food in Vail, this Restaurant will be you adress !

The location is great, in the middle of the Village and only a few steps away from the Gondola. When you walk in, a warm welcome will reach you and a wonderful atmosphere. You have the feeling like coming home and a spots have a peace of black forest / german snugness.

Our host was the highlight, she was always around and each recommendation from the menue was a good choice. Also the owners Alyssa and Joshua, been always around and taking care for the perfect service.

You will find food for a times during the day in an amazing way of presentation and great taste. The Almresi is really offering the best german food, I ever had in the USA. All the stuff is coming from Germany or is homemade in the Almresi kitchen.

We loved it so much, that we visited this place directly two times during our time in Vail. If you plan to go there for Dinner, don´t forget to make a reservation in advance.

Check my pictures and you will not miss it during your next trip to Vail !

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

We travel a ton to Vail - and almost always, the restaurants there are always amazing. There are so many options, and there is something for everyone.

I wanted to specifically write about Almresi, because I think it’s such a great addition to Vail Village. We tried it when it opened last winter - and this year my kids were begging to go back. It didn’t take much to convince us - I love the feel of the whole place. It feels like you are at a ski town, the decor is rugged, yet modern. The waiters are dressed authentically and extremely
helpful. The food is delicious - not the standard Vail village truffle fries and shishito peppers - and there is a kids menu...so if the kids aren’t all that adventurous- they can still have pasta with butter. Those pretzels are to die for as well!

It’s a great addition in the village and I look forward to going back next month!

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Almresi is the best restaurant we have been to in a while. The service, ambience, beer, wine - all excellent. I had the short rib, my friend had pork shank. I recommend both of them. The desserts were fantastic. I can't say enough about Almresi. We can't wait to go back. Make your reservation early, this place books up.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Be careful to make sure you ask for a table in the main dining room. We arrived and had to wait 10 minutes for the hostess to greet us. She seemed confused over our reservation even though they called earlier in the day to confirm it. She disappeared for a long time and finally showed us to a table overlooking the service area next to the bar. I chose this restaurant because of the charming front room they show on their website. Sitting in the bar area is never as appealing as being in a dining room (especially with an obvious call girl sitting at the bar). Our server offered us service more typical for bar service than dining service. He seemed to be in a hurry to get us to order. I understand the need to turn a table on a busy holiday weekend but there are ways to do it without being so obvious.

The food was good but the entree choices were a little odd. You know it's missing something when your husband and 16 year old son just order Caesar salad. Sometimes it's a good idea to put at least one simple entree option on the menu for people who have more limited palates.

My daughter had the boiled beef ... I do not recommend this. I had the potato pancakes with salmon. It was very good.

1  Thank mimiseattlelite

Been to Almresi Restaurant? Share your experiences!