“Great local steak house”

Russell's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Russell's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 132 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We are temporarily closed until November 15th! Just across the Covered Bridge in Vail Village is Bridge Street's warm, cozy and oldest steak house - Russell's. We have a friendly, relaxing atmosphere with wonderful Creekside dining. Russell's features dry aged Certified Angus beef, along with delightful fish entrees and world-renowned Alaskan King Crab Legs. One side dish that you can't pass up is our scalloped potatoes - baked with onions, bacon and cheese with a golden brown top. A lot of our staff members have been with us for 20 years or more. Come by and see for yourself why the locals and staff love Russell's. We take great pride in serving premier steaks and seafood in the most enjoyable and accommodating restaurant in Vail. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Was given a recommendation from a local to eat here. Food was fantastic, older style décor with awesome views of the creek.

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

I have t been to Russell's in a while. I remember it being great but always seem to forget about it when I come. I won't next time. Had one of the best most authentic Caesar salads I ever had. I ordered steak Diane. Although it didn't resemble any steak Diane recipe I ever had, it was still great. It was a nicely cooked fillet with a shallot sauce. Would have liked it more authentic. Great cut of beef. My wife had fish. Flaky with a flavorful sauce. Decor is dark steakhouse casual.

Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Food and service here was very good and the mark up on the wine was quite reasonable.

The price was a tad high for what we got, but not outrageous. The good thing is that everyone in the party liked their food, every appetizer, every entree, every desert. That says something, and it's worth going back for.

A solid 4 stars.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

Booked for my Birthday in Vail. we were met politely and shown to a nice table.
Good service, pre dinner drinks, menu suggestions and specials.
All four of us enjoyed our food and the ambiance The service was good and the bill not too horrendous in this pricy town!

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Great location within Vail for steaks. A lot of bigger groups being served, so nothing seemed to phase the staff. We had a great server named Wes, who was super accommodating with us and had really good suggestions for our meals including the wine.