“Best riverside views!”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food by the river. A most lovely setting. The food is pricey but gourmet and well presented. Our 2nd visit here in 2 years and we live in North Carolina!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We stopped here mainly for the location by the river, but ended up really enjoying the meal. My friend raved about the veggie burger, I loved the turkey brie and the veggie chips were a nice alternative to fries. We had a long relaxing lunch and never felt rushed by the staff.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a quick dinner, we we're lucky enough to get a seat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and helpful. Our food all came out fast. They have a small menu, Like most places in Vail, but everything we had was delicious. Beef carpaccio for an appetizer, delicious beet salad for myself and my husband had the short ribs. All very tasty! Prices are expensive but pretty much everything in Vail goes that way.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Service was awful. In the middle of ordering, our waiter, Jon, interrupted us saying he needed to go get the table beside us menus. I thought that was very odd and honestly unprofessional, but we all patiently waited for him to do that.

It seemed unnecessary to do that since it only took us 2-3 min to order, especially since he rushed us through ordering, so I’m sure the other table could have waited those minuscule few more minutes. Little did I know that would be the theme of our meal- oddly for some unknown reason, preferential treatment for the tables next to us, which was odd since there was only 4 of each of them and 6 of us at our table and clearly our bill would be higher comparatively. Maybe it was the fact that we had 4 kids with us, although they were all older, and only one ordered off the children’s menu.

To begin with, the 6 of us were squeezed into a 4 top round table. Next, our drinks were only refilled once and we sat for the rest of the time with empty glasses. We had to wait forever to order and when he took our order, I was trying to sway my youngest to eat something other than grilled cheese and had asked the waiter to comment on the tastiness of their homemade chicken tenders I had read was very good. Instead the waiter insisted the grilled cheese was good. To which I tried to explain I wanted my daughter to eat something other than grilled cheese and he just ignored my feelings and said he “lived off grilled cheese and it never hurt him.” Again so unprofessional to argue with a mom’s clear intentions....

Then, we waited forever for our food to come out, and it came out at the same time as the table next to us whom he had rushed off to get menus and who had ordered about 15 min after us. Our meals were nothing special. BLT’s, soup and salads... (and grilled cheese :-/ ), so why ours took so long, I don’t understand.... then to top it all off, some of us had ordered two items for our meal- soup and salad, or sandwich and salad, and ALL of it came out (late) at the same time and we had no room to fit all of those plates on our already tight table. Jon, the waiter, should have thought about that and brought out our salads first. I quietly said it was going to be tight as they kept ramming all our plates in front of us, and Jon just ignored me (strangely familiar) and said our plates were small...... again “great” service....

All in all, we spent $100!!!! for a mediocre lunch of basic BLT sandwiches, tiny salads, 1 bowl of clam chowder, water, and grilled cheese, etc. Ridiculous prices for horrible service and basic food, nothing innovative.... how hard is it to make a BLT??

I would definitely not be back. Save your money and time.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

The Reuben sandwich was good as well as the Cobb salad. Great place to watch kids and dogs play in Gore creek.

Been to Up the Creek Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!