All reviews base camp frost bar bloom spa trail mix bottled water nespresso machine turn down service beautiful hotel cookies every staff member skis and boots off season can't wait to come back the entire staff four seasons walking distance to everything valet parking
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

We are world travelers. We've traveled near and far and this is by far THE BEST hotel experience we have ever had!

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. We were able to store bags easily while we explored Vail waiting for our room to be ready. They gave us a call when it was, and gave us a tour of the property before getting us to the elevators that took us to our room. Everything in the room was complimentary - water, soda, snacks, so you don't have to worry about unexpected charges turning up on your bill.

This place defines world class service: Adabel, who checked us in and gave us our tour, found out it was my birthday and sent up a complimentary snack plate. Then, when my boyfriend ran out of contact solution, Nate at the front desk first looked in the spa for some and when he couldn't find any, gave my boyfriend some of his own personal solution!! What?!?

The Sebastian is still independently owned and it shows. They pay attention to detail and focus on the customer experience, not turning a crazy profit. The grounds were gorgeous, rooms very cozy, pool/hot tub area fantastic.

If I could give this place 6 stars I would.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

We travelled around the US and found out of all the places we stayed and have previously stayed before this to be the best place.
What was a stand out was the staff all so genuine, kind and will go above and beyond for you.
The hotel is really cosy, service outstanding big rooms and close walk to restaurants in the village.
To all the staff thank you we will have great memories of Vail thanks to our stay here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2016

Although my visit was short, the service was amazing from the moment we arrived. The front desk staff had someone give us a tour on our way to the elevator to explain what was available on the premises which was a great touch. The rooms were comfortable with all that one needs right down to a humidifier for the dry Vail air. Tons of water was available as well in the room. We had several meals in the restaurant on the premises and the food was delicious. Their wine selection was yummy as well. Great atmosphere and kind service. I would go back.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2016

Having read the reviews of the Sebastian hotel my expectations were high. My expectations were certainly met and in some ways exceeded. The hotel lobby area is beautiful and classy in my opinion with lots of wood and photo worthy art pieces. The room was well appointed, classic and spacious without being "special" compared to other options in this price range, for example a hotel I stayed at in Aspen on the same trip had a more luxurious feel. The view was OK with mountain "glimpses" but once again not really spectacular, although I am sure other rooms in the hotel will tick that box.
Service was world class from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. All the staff were happy to chat and gave a genuine feeling of being interested in a conversation rather than a scripted exchange resulting from their training.
Given all the excellent dining options in Vail the only meal I had in the hotel was breakfast, which was excellent.
Location is also excellent, after parking the car on arrival I didn't use it until the day I left.

Room tip: Do your research and invest in a room with a view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2016

Compared to other Vail hotels, The Sebastian has its pros and cons. The view from our room was non-existent (looked out on a wall). Reservation clerk made a big deal out of telling us that we would pay full cost of our two night stay if we cancelled. The room was modern but very average size and furnishing, like a nice Marriot but no charm. We paid to upgrade to suite to get more space as the King bed classic room was very small especially the bathroom. this meant the hotel unlocked a living room type area next to our room. Liked the treats, water and soda included in the room but thought the Resort fee to cover this was huge plus $25/night valet parking when the Vail parking garage in just a minute away is unrealistic. Wi-Fi was pretty good throughout the hotel. Service was very good. Spa was nice, well appointed in lounge and massage areas although expensive compared to other places I have been in the off-season in Vail. The pedicure manicure area needs improvement - just a corner of a shop area in the spa with a door to the noisy, main hallway of the hotel covering one wall of it. Note in the off-season there is no full restaurant - only breakfast at the Leonora which ran about $45 with tax, tip for two regular breakfasts, again good but nothing exceptional. My husband didn't like the shortrib hash that is the specialty. This means you need to get out into the cold to have a meal. There was coffee in the lobby area in the morning. Library area was nice but what's with the fake fireplace on the TV. We wanted to watch the football games and there was no place to do that except to sit on the one chair or bed in our room. Our room was a long walk from the elevator through a twisty hallway. Other friends stayed near the elevator and said it was very noisy. Nothing exceptional, charming or particularly stand-out here.

Room tip: Ask for a room far from elevator and with a mountain view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TheSebastainVail, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebastian - Vail, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2016

Thank you for your review. The Sebastian - Vail is located right in the heart of Vail Village allowing easy access to all that the village has to offer. We are disappointed you only found us average. This does not meet our standard nor our goals.

We playfully put on a fireplace video in The Library's for added whimsy. The Library is directly adjacent to the lobby fireplace which is quite large and has seating on both sides and is less than 10 feet from the door where you pick up your complimentary coffee. It sounds as if we had a large disconnect in communication with our staff as any one of them would have been happy to oblige a request to put on a Game on the Frost or The Library T.V.

Breakfast at The Sebastian is offered 365 days a year and we offer dining year round throughout the property. Lunch and Dinner are available in Frost and restaurant Leonora was indeed closed while you were there for a private party.
Many of our guests love the prime access The Sebastian - Vail offers to restaurants throughout the village, many less than a 3 minute walk from our village entrance. We are sorry if this inconvenienced you and your party in anyway.

While in Vail you will find that parking is at a premium and charged for in all of the luxury resorts and runs up to $50.00 per night. Ours is valet only and we are glad that you availed yourself of the Vail parking center before the seasonal charging begins. It is an easy walk from there to The Sebastian.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to expierence what the majority of our guests do while in residence at The Sebastian - Vail. Again thank you for stay and the time you took on this review. It helps us to improve.