“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

Found the Sitzmark on VailonSale webdsite and we were generally very pleased. Great location, nice staff and clean facilities.

My only issue is that there is nowhere at the Sitzmark or surrounding area to get coffee outside of your room before 7:15am Mountain Time, I was travelling with two others who like to sleep till 7am or so and with the altitude making extended sleep a challenge and change in timezones from the East, if would be very nice if they could figure out a small space in the lobby area that allowed for guests to get some coffee and/or read in the mornings before they open the breakfast area. Other than that - very pleased and would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken55wtl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

Clean, great location and great value. I highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

The best thing about this hotel is the location, it is very central and reasonably priced. They have a convenient ski storage room, comfy matresses and a great hot tub and swimming pool. The Left Bank restaurant which is housed in the lodge is a real treat. The only small downside is that while breakfast is provided, the area provided to eat in is very small and on a busy morning we found ourselves taking breakfast back to our rooms so we could sit. This wasn't too big a deal though. I will be coming back to this lodge on my next Vail visit.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NBWM
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

We stayed in room 204 facing the river. We left the sliding door open so we could hear the river most of the night lulling us to sleep. We love that this hotel is in the middle of the town. One side faces the river, the other side faces the shopping area.
It has a small pool and hot tub that we did not use. We stayed for 2 nights. It is in the middle of everything but was quiet at night.
We loved the foam mattress. It was our first time with such a bed! Very comfy.
I made a mistake and made reservations for the wrong night. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. They immediately go us into a room.
Computer and complimentary coffee in lobby available for guests.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stopped for one night 28th June. Lovely view from room over the Creek and Mountains, wonderful balcony swimming pool. Excellent value for a central location in Vail this time of year. Pity there was no breakfast but this would probably put the price up. Recommend Starbucks for Coffee and Croissant. We watched a spectacular evening thunderstorm over the mountains from our balcony.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I recently spent one of the most enjoyable weekends of my life at The Sitzmark Lodge in Vail Colorado. I can't speak highly enough of this lovely family-owned lodge. All the employees went out of there way to assure their guests of a top-notch stay - and they succeeded admirably! My room had a balcony overlooking Gore Creek and I was hard-pressed to leave that beautiful surrounding to enjoy all the other places that Vail has to offer. My room itself was spacious (SO nice to have a small refrigerator and they thoughtfully provide two wine glasses) and extremely clean. Beds are very comfortable. All in all, I can't recommend The Sitzmark and staff highly enough. You won't be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank dohoff
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

My wife and I have always taken the family 3-4 times a year on vacation to Vail. We just love it there. Our usual destination was closed recently for rennovations, so we decided to give Sitzmark a try. We loved it, and it is now our future destination point!
The huge bonus of our trip was that there is a bath and skin care store under the hotel called "MELT." My wife and daughter have always suffered from rashes and dry skin attributed to many hygiene products available at larger box stores. We have even tried higher end products from "Bath and Body Works"......same effect.
MELT is handmade in Colorado with all natural ingrediants. NO PARABENS! Their products are really fun too. They have the largest bath bombs that I have ever seen. They call them Fizzies. My kids won't take a bath without them now. Their products are available in all kinds of fun scents. My wife likes Circus of Pears, I prefer Sweet Rain and Solar Flair.
Since using their products, my wife and daughter's sensitive skin issues have totally cleared up. Their product is a little more expensive than Walmart's, but compared to the allergy speciallists PHD's that we have visited recently, a much, much cheaper alternative, plus I want the safest, purest product for my family.
Oh, yeah, the Sitzmark hotel itself was pretty darn nice too.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple