“Latte time ”
Review of Villa Grove Trade

Villa Grove Trade
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 1, 2020 via mobile

We have driven past this business many times headed to and from Colorado Springs. Never knew they had coffee. Nice little surprise. My latte had a great flavor and the owners were very nice.

Date of visit: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (37)

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Drove thru Villa Grove, CO on our round about adventure between Colorado Springs and Alamosa around lunch time. Ate at the Villa Grove Trade cafe. Very rustic storefront building. Cafe (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato on sourdough bread with hand cut french fries. My wife had turkey sandwich on sourdough bread with homemade mayonnaise. We enjoyed the fare. Nice portions. Interior of cafe is very rustic yet homey. Try it you will like it.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

Love this place. They seem to be not interested in staying current with the times which I say as a plus! It's usually a windy bugger in Villa Grove !

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank Joel M
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

My wife, three boys, and I were headed to Alamosa recently and we actually stopped in Villa Grove instead of blowing right through like we had always done. 'Course, one of my boys feeling queasy from the turns on Poncha Pass would call for a stop.

Expecting to just use the restroom, get some air, make sure my son got his color back, and keep going, we ended staying for a good 30 minutes!

The owners were very hospitable and we even bought a few snacks and drinks and my boys even played with the large Lego set.

The Trade is basically the town bar, convenience store, gift shop, and restaurant all rolled into one.

I did notice they have onsite accommodations. I asked about the rooms and they go for about $60/night. But, it's also three rooms and appears you have to go to a separate room to take a shower.

We said our goodbyes to the owners and continued on to Alamosa.

This random stop in the middle of nowhere on a desolate stretch of Highway 285 is definitely a hidden gem! Please, stop and support these owners and relive what these towns were once like and how they really are needed.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 20, 2019

Because as far as I can tell, it's the only place in town. Nice folks. You see the homemade vegetarian soup in the kettle as you come in. Then the buffalo chili. I had a Blast, which is a BLT w avocado. It was great. I wish I had gotten a slice of the pie. They had a bunch of fresh bread there. had a beer. what else do you need?

Date of visit: April 2019