“The Inn and the Trade at Villa Grove”
Review of Villa Grove Trade

Villa Grove Trade
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 19, 2020

Love this place! Super friendly hosts, great food and great prices on the rooms next to the store. We have family in both Villa Grove and Moffat and came through on a weekend where several family members were in town. We decided to get a room at The Inn so we could be in between both families. We had b-fast every morning at The Trade and the food was outstanding. I recommend the b-fast sandwich. Would definitely do it all again!

Pros:
Mask-wearing enforced in the restaurant
Very reasonably priced
Clean room with coffee and fridge (dated furnishings, but wasn't a concern as we weren't in the room much)
Clean linens and towels
Yes, the shower and toilet are in the room (saw another post alluding to separated shower room)
Walking distance to breakfast and the great pottery store across the street
Although windows face Hwy 285, there wasn't a lot of highway noise
Parking is behind the main building, off the highway
Great food!
Super friendly owners

Cons:
Only full-size beds available (we'd have preferred a queen, but we made due by snuggling)
Walls are paper thin. We were up till our neighbors went to bed the first night because of the noise. After that there wasn't anyone in the adjacent rooms for the rest of our 5 night stay.
They have white lights outside the rooms, which tends to attract a ton of moths and other flying insects. I suggest putting in yellow bug lights to keep the insects away. There were a couple of nights that a moth would follow us in and we'd have to chase it down to swat it.
Bring your own toiletries, there is no soap or shampoo (hence the great nightly value price for the room, but not a big deal to us because we bring our own anyway)

Overall a good experience and we will for sure give them our business again!

Date of visit: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (37)

Reviewed August 1, 2020 via mobile

We have driven past this business many times headed to and from Colorado Springs. Never knew they had coffee. Nice little surprise. My latte had a great flavor and the owners were very nice.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

Drove thru Villa Grove, CO on our round about adventure between Colorado Springs and Alamosa around lunch time. Ate at the Villa Grove Trade cafe. Very rustic storefront building. Cafe (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato on sourdough bread with hand cut french fries. My wife had turkey sandwich on sourdough bread with homemade mayonnaise. We enjoyed the fare. Nice portions. Interior of cafe is very rustic yet homey. Try it you will like it.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019

Love this place. They seem to be not interested in staying current with the times which I say as a plus! It's usually a windy bugger in Villa Grove !

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank Joel M
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

My wife, three boys, and I were headed to Alamosa recently and we actually stopped in Villa Grove instead of blowing right through like we had always done. 'Course, one of my boys feeling queasy from the turns on Poncha Pass would call for a stop.

Expecting to just use the restroom, get some air, make sure my son got his color back, and keep going, we ended staying for a good 30 minutes!

The owners were very hospitable and we even bought a few snacks and drinks and my boys even played with the large Lego set.

The Trade is basically the town bar, convenience store, gift shop, and restaurant all rolled into one.

I did notice they have onsite accommodations. I asked about the rooms and they go for about $60/night. But, it's also three rooms and appears you have to go to a separate room to take a shower.

We said our goodbyes to the owners and continued on to Alamosa.

This random stop in the middle of nowhere on a desolate stretch of Highway 285 is definitely a hidden gem! Please, stop and support these owners and relive what these towns were once like and how they really are needed.

Date of visit: May 2019