All reviews new building hot tub small kitchen place to stay rustic furniture day trip toilet paper section motel colorado park fishing
Reviewed June 2, 2016

4 of us were fishing in North Park late May and we had a room at North Park Inn. On the last day I had a flat tire in the morning on Memorial Day and Riley and his brother put the spare on for me in no time flat! Way above the level of service you would get say in Steamboat and all at a great price for very comfortable accomodations. Moose, elk, antelope abound in this area making for a great outdoor experience. We will be back! Mark Condon

Room tip: get ground floor parking right out your door
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2016

We stay here a couple of times a year. It is not cheap--$110 for a double room this time--but it is the best place in Walden, so here we are.

Normally the rooms are kept relatively clean, but we had a terrible experience on this trip. The beds were unmade--the maid just pulled the spreads up. The carpet was not vacuumed, which it should have been because we had tracked some mud in. And the sink still showed where the coffee had splashed when we threw it out in the morning. Were it not for the fresh towels, we wouldn't have known a maid had even been in.

I called the front desk to complain, and the guy on duty said he would tell the boss. He didn't offer to send the maid down again to do the undone work, or to knock a few bucks off of our bills. So this is the best place in Walden, but that's not saying a whole lot.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank plainsrefugee
Reviewed May 7, 2016

Stayed at this motel for $55, very good price even in the off season! Small, clean room (perfect size for me as I was traveling alone). Very nice desk person! It was very quiet, but I wish I would have had a fan or AC unit which would run all night (off and on fans wake me and I use a fan at home to sleep) instead of cycling on and off. Great deal, nice place! Will stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2015

Facilities were new and room was large and very clean. Staff was friendly, helpful and competent. Walden is a very scenic area and hotel staff was able to guide me to all the good spots for wildlife photography. Owners Dave and Rachel really make you feel at home. Great place to stay, I'd go back in a minute.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
north014, Owner at North Park Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2015

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review. This area has some beautiful scenery, and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of it's beauty. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed October 5, 2015

I stayed here with a group of friends prior to a backpacking trip in the Zirkel Wilderness. We rented two "cabins" with two beds and small kitchen. The front desk stayed open late for us as we arrived near midnight. Service was friendly and the price was reasonable. This is not a luxury accommodation, but comfortable and clean. The cabins are not "detached", but are really larger rooms as part of the normal hotel. It was enough room for us to spread out and organize our stuff for the trip. The window from the bathroom opened up to a wall, which was odd. But given that the Inn is right on the highway, you shouldn't be going there for the view from the room. The goal is to be close to some amazing scenery. Anyway, a good spot to stop if your expectations are in line.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Cisco D

Cisco,
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review. Our new motel, that is 2 stories, has the best mountain views, in every direction. Hopefully next time you stay, you can take advantage of one of those rooms. The new motel is very nice with custom log furniture, and everything is brand new. We appreciate your business!