All reviews comfortable bed front porch sangre de cristo mountains a great stay an amazing view quiet place place to stay milky way main street small town in town dick barb jones accommodations views innkeepers
Reviewed August 31, 2016

My wife is a stickler for cleanliness and comfort. Both were met at the Lampost Lodge. And it was quiet - no loud wall blower unit blasting away all night. I especially enjoyed the firm mattress. Room was small but all we did was clean up, watch some TV and sleep - no need for more. The owners served up a delicious home made breakfast at 8:00 AM and we enjoyed a friendly chat with them and some other guests. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: The "Larkspur" is small but perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Best people who could answer any ?'s you had about anything in the area. Most informative and friendly. Rooms where most accommodating very nice clean large rooms. Breakfast was always hot and delicious but I understand that will be done away with after sept. But they might change there minds. Common areas where very nice. You could also enjoy front porch view of the mountains. Super clean and I will stay again if I come that way.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2016

My review this morning is going to be a little different than the one you would expect to see here. Over this past weekend on July 10th, myself and 2 climbing partners were in the area attempting to climb Crestone Needle which in our opinion is a challenging mountain to climb. When we set out on this hike we had every intention of this being a day hike and we didn’t intend to stay in the area over night. As some of you may know or understand things happen in the mountains and we got into serious trouble up there. I was involved in a fatal climbing accident that required Custer County Search and Rescue to bring choppers to locate the other two members of my party and I. We had all been separated earlier in the day because I chose to not push for the summit up the final gully. Once my party began their accent to the summit that would be the last time we were all together. I tell you all this to give you some context into my being at the lamp post lodge in the first place. Search and Rescue lined up my hotel room and made the arrangements for me to stay here, and them doing so was nothing short of a blessing from God. This is a place that could not be more clean and tidy. As its been mentioned in previous reviews Dick and Barbara were beyond friendly to me and went out of there way at 10:30 pm on Sunday to ensure that I had enough to eat and drink at the end of my day. Their kindness and generosity was such that it took me aback in a big way. Given the previous circumstances that I outlined above, my phone was dead when I arrived at the lodge and I really needed to reach my parents and many other friends who had worried about me so they loaned me a charger for my phone. In the morning they had a wonderful breakfast laid out that included cereals, fruit, breads, and waffles made on a waffle iron right in front of you.

When it was time for me to leave and make my way back home, I checked with Dick to make sure we had paid for the room and that we held up on our end of the arrangement. The night before, I did not have my wallet on me because it was locked in the vehicle at the trailhead. We had arranged for my parents to call with a credit card in the morning to fix this. I found this out after the fact but, Dick and Barbara did not allow my parents to pay for the room. They refused to accept payment given what I had gone through. They explained that they like to assist Search and Rescue operations and they will do this as their contribution to the efforts those teams make. If there has ever been a couple and a business that I will go out of my way to support, this is it. I feel helping to make their compassion, generosity, and kindness known is the least I can do to repay what they’ve done for me. I will never forget them and their effort to make my night easier. I will be forever grateful for how they took care of me that evening.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank selviusrk
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed here this past weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I had stayed here in the past and enjoyed it then, as well. The lodge is immaculately clean, the food is delicious, and the service is fantastic. Dick and Barb, the hosts, are friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the area. This is all in addition to the most spectacular views of the Wet Mountains.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2016

Our family was completely smitten with charm and beauty of this place! We stayed in the San Isabel room, and we thrilled when we saw the size of it! Our family of four had more than enough room, and it was simply gorgeous! Also, as icing on the cake, we had a stunning view of the Sangre de Cristos range right out our front windows. The breakfast had a very large variety of fresh-cooked eggs, sausage and bacon as well as delicious pastries, fruit and excellent coffee to boot. The management were quite friendly and very helpful. We will return to this beautiful B&B!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family