All reviews comfortable bed place to stay front porch a great stay making sure quiet place stunning views in town main street mountain range dick barb jones suite accommodations sleep semi
Reviewed September 5, 2016

We booked online, paid in full....only to be told in an email the next day we needed to pay the remaining 50%. Called to find out what 50% and was told that was an error....but also that they didn't have our reservation...the room was booked to someone else, even though we had a receipt and confirmation. They called back later that evening to say since we had booked the room first, we would be the recipient of the room. Lodge was clean and quiet upon arrival around 4 PM...greeted by manager. And then never saw or was able to contact anyone until the next morning. Website states wireless internet in our suite....no internet connection anywhere on the property...we tried knocking, calling and texting until 9 PM to find out how to access internet....no answer to anything. Very frustrating to have no ability to be contacted via cell phone, lodge phone or internet. We needed to be able to be reached for business and children and there was no possibility of doing that. Bed was not comfortable...quite hard....suite was beautiful....but no lights outside to enable guests to access their vehicle at night. Breakfast was biscuits and gravy...eh....juice was available only from 8-8:30 AM....was disappointed in our stay though the lodge is finished quite well and very clean. A little more ability to contact the hosts would have made a world of difference.

Room tip: There is no cell phone reception, no hotel phone and no internet
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LPL81252, Owner at The Lamp Post Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Apologies that your stay was anything less than spectacular! Our team works incredibly hard to do right by our customers, and on rare occasion, issues arise that seem to compound on one guest. We are disappointed that you did not receive the level of service you expected. Our internet is generally very fast and consistent, and having it out of commission is a, uncommon occurrence. We apologize that it was an impediment to your business needs. Thank you for reviewing our property, and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you an outstanding experience in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

My wife is a stickler for cleanliness and comfort. Both were met at the Lampost Lodge. And it was quiet - no loud wall blower unit blasting away all night. I especially enjoyed the firm mattress. Room was small but all we did was clean up, watch some TV and sleep - no need for more. The owners served up a delicious home made breakfast at 8:00 AM and we enjoyed a friendly chat with them and some other guests. Thanks for a great stay.

Room tip: The "Larkspur" is small but perfect for a couple.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Best people who could answer any ?'s you had about anything in the area. Most informative and friendly. Rooms where most accommodating very nice clean large rooms. Breakfast was always hot and delicious but I understand that will be done away with after sept. But they might change there minds. Common areas where very nice. You could also enjoy front porch view of the mountains. Super clean and I will stay again if I come that way.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2016

My review this morning is going to be a little different than the one you would expect to see here. Over this past weekend on July 10th, myself and 2 climbing partners were in the area attempting to climb Crestone Needle which in our opinion is a challenging mountain to climb. When we set out on this hike we had every intention of this being a day hike and we didn’t intend to stay in the area over night. As some of you may know or understand things happen in the mountains and we got into serious trouble up there. I was involved in a fatal climbing accident that required Custer County Search and Rescue to bring choppers to locate the other two members of my party and I. We had all been separated earlier in the day because I chose to not push for the summit up the final gully. Once my party began their accent to the summit that would be the last time we were all together. I tell you all this to give you some context into my being at the lamp post lodge in the first place. Search and Rescue lined up my hotel room and made the arrangements for me to stay here, and them doing so was nothing short of a blessing from God. This is a place that could not be more clean and tidy. As its been mentioned in previous reviews Dick and Barbara were beyond friendly to me and went out of there way at 10:30 pm on Sunday to ensure that I had enough to eat and drink at the end of my day. Their kindness and generosity was such that it took me aback in a big way. Given the previous circumstances that I outlined above, my phone was dead when I arrived at the lodge and I really needed to reach my parents and many other friends who had worried about me so they loaned me a charger for my phone. In the morning they had a wonderful breakfast laid out that included cereals, fruit, breads, and waffles made on a waffle iron right in front of you.

When it was time for me to leave and make my way back home, I checked with Dick to make sure we had paid for the room and that we held up on our end of the arrangement. The night before, I did not have my wallet on me because it was locked in the vehicle at the trailhead. We had arranged for my parents to call with a credit card in the morning to fix this. I found this out after the fact but, Dick and Barbara did not allow my parents to pay for the room. They refused to accept payment given what I had gone through. They explained that they like to assist Search and Rescue operations and they will do this as their contribution to the efforts those teams make. If there has ever been a couple and a business that I will go out of my way to support, this is it. I feel helping to make their compassion, generosity, and kindness known is the least I can do to repay what they’ve done for me. I will never forget them and their effort to make my night easier. I will be forever grateful for how they took care of me that evening.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank selviusrk
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed here this past weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I had stayed here in the past and enjoyed it then, as well. The lodge is immaculately clean, the food is delicious, and the service is fantastic. Dick and Barb, the hosts, are friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the area. This is all in addition to the most spectacular views of the Wet Mountains.

Date of stay: July 2016