“Slightly above average”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Westminster
Lexington, KY
“Slightly above average”
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Staff was courteous, Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was adequate. This is a very convenient location for dining out. There are multiple excellent restaurants within (hearty) walking distance. Also there is quick access to US36. Overall, I will stay there again if the circumstances dictate.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Definitely one of the LaQuintas in need of attention. Only internet access was in the lobby. The TV remote didn't work, we had problems with the door key cards. Carpets needed cleaning. Generally worn-looking, old-smelling.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Western Colorado
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Some La Quinta inns are great, some are mediocre. They're all reasonably priced, which is always a plus. But this is in the mediocre category. This hotel could be so much better if they would: retrain the front desk staff and tell them not to bring the family in to watch TV (I agree with the previous reviewer); make sure all the televisions work (ours didn't); fix the wireless internet (ditto); deep clean the carpeting. And then there was the breakfast: still frozen scrambled egg omelets and a microwave that didn't work. Are you supposed to put them in the toaster?

There are much better choices nearby.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RifleTraveller
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We have stayed here while visiting the in-laws many times. The king bed room is nice size , always clean, and the price cant be beat--. La Quintas tend to run $10-20 below comparable chains for a three star AAA accomodation.

However, this is the only chain hotel I have stayed at in the last 20 years that has no ESPN or ESPN 2--I guess they are trying to save money but its a poor choice in a sports town.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Sudbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 January 2010

I have to stay in Denver on business about twice a week. Due to the nature of my business I have to pay for this out of my own pocket. The only reasonably priced hotel close to my office is this particular La Quinta. I typically stay 2-3 nights per week every week. So, I've got some experience.

The good: The price with AAA discount is about $55-58 a night. Not bad at all for Denver. It's close to my office and close to food, gasoline, etc... There's even a Starbucks almost across the street. The rooms aren't too bad and the heat and cooling work.

The not so good: I've stood at the front desk waiting to check in for up to 10-15 minutes on occasion. There's just no one there. I've even called the front desk with my cell phone thinking someone would pick up the phone from some secret office. Nope. The lady who is always on the evening shift is sloppy, lazy, and doesn't have the skills required to work at the Motor Vehicle Administration. Despite the fact that I often stay there 2+ nights per week she still asks my name most of the time.

The Bad: No one is manning the phone at the front desk. After I check in and get settled I often email my wife with my room #. She then calls sometime during the evening so we can say hello. I have limited cell phone minutes and don't want to use them up. We have free LD from home so it's better if she calls me. Very often she informs me that she calls every 10 minutes for up to an hour before someone answers the phone. This is a problem as what would happen if one of the guests in the hotel had a family emergency and could not reach us? I have filed numerous complaints with La Quinta and nothing ever changes. Nothing.

The evening lady also has her family visit her for hours at a time and they sit in the lobby and watch tv together. Yup: mom, dad, kids, etc.. and the kids roam all over the hotel including into the office behind the counter. If you ever get up really early you'll see the night clerk folding towels and sheets on the furniture in the lobby. He just plunks it all over the place while watching tv (loudly) and talking on the phone.

Summary: The ONLY redeeming quality this place has is that it's the cheapest around. On occasion I travel and extra 10 miles and stay at the La Quinta in Louisville even though it cost about $10 per night more when I need to be sure someone can reach me on the phone. There is no chance in hell I'd ever stay here on vacation or for any other reason.

Oh, the free breakfast just sucks. Sucks. I've gotten to the point where I don't even bother going in there. Beware. If La Quinta reads this feel free to contact me. I've tried calling your customer service, I've spoken to the general manager during the way in person and nothing changes.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 3.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank Alistair_MacLean
Nebraska
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We stayed here for one night before hitting the mountians the next day.. We stayed in the king whirpool suite!!! Very roomy and very nice . The decor was very nice.. I would stay here again.. Very nice, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice quit room.. Very pleasant stay.. Loved the cookies at the front desk.. nice touch for evening guest..

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 31 July 2009

The pros: it was clean, it's located in a safe albeit boring suburban office park, it offered a basic complimentary continental breakfast. The cons: room was a bit run down and decor was dated, walls were sort of thin as I could hear the people next door having some sort of disagreement though it was muffled, staff seems completely uninterested in interacting with hotel guests.
This is really basic lodging. They do have a pool, but I can't comment on it since I didn't use. If you are just passing through and don't want to spend a lot for accommodations, this will fit the bill. I stayed here for four nights because I needed a reasonably priced place which accepts dogs, and I had family who already selected this venue when I went to make my reservations. It worked ok for my needs, but I would not stay here again unless I was in the exact same circumstances. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express (in Omaha) recently with my dog, and it was far superior to this property. So I know things could be better than they are at this La Quinta regardless of the fact they accommodate pets.

• Stayed July 2009