See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 17, 2017

Let me start with what they do right. They are conveniently positioned off the Kipling exit of I-70. The room I stayed in and the wing appeared new; the inside was spotlessly clean. The room door opened to the parking lot so I could go to my room from my car in less than ten feet. The room door which faced the highway was sticky hard, but that was a blessing: I could not hear much traffic noise from the interstate that was probably no more than 300 feet away.

Now the other stuff - the reasons I would not stay here again. They advertise one rate on their billboard and it is higher when you check-in. (Yes, they all add tax to advertised rates, but this management ups the basic room rate above the posted rate. They breezily explained the rate goes up as occupancy goes up.)

They will not accept or provide any of the standard discounts like AAA. AARP or Senior or Military discounts.

No hot breakfast, only coffee and you have to go to the front desk for it. Motel 8, their competitor on the other side of the highway, same exit, offers hot breakfast and do-it-yourself-in-room coffee service.

This hotel does NOT have a fridge, microwave or coffee maker in the room. Motel 8, their competitor offers all three in the room. AND their rates are lower; the rooms are about the same in quality.

To heat food in the common microwave, located in their laundry room, you have to leave your room, walk to front of hotel, return with two hot dishes and while you toss one up in the air, quickly card yourself into your room, and catch the falling hot dish. Yes, I am being sarcastic. The sticky but sound proofed door needed two hands to open.

It was annoying to eat cold leftovers. I did have a Styrofoam cooler and they did have free ice. Their common microwave was dirty and had no plate on the inside where you can place your food container. When I told the front desk, they did not offer to clean it then or later, and did not offer to heat up my dish for me in the clean microwave they must have had for employee use. They just blew me off.

After paying for two nights, I went to the room, noticed no microwave and no fridge, went back to the front desk and asked for a different room. They said none of the rooms had these. I asked for a refund and they wanted sizable "service" fee for the same. I got the idea the management was hungry for money, and did not much care if they annoyed their guests in small and large ways. Unless all other hotels are full (there are more than six within walking distance) I recommend you do not stay here.

Room tip: Do not stay here
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AlfaGeek
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Person checking in was basic nice and competent. The room was small the queen sized bed was more a full sized bed. Nothing there no shampoo no coffee maker just soap. Was clean just basic A Dennys was next door and easy off and on I 70 No reason to stay or not to stay

Room tip: go there to sleep and shower no more no less
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2017

Quiet, clean, price is right. The internet throws you off or slows down literally every ten minutes - I am rushing to write this review. Other than that, it's your standard remodeled Motel 6. They photocopy your driver's license, which I don't like at all. I've stayed in many motels across America and that's NEVER protocol. I wouldn't stay here again. The staff is very accommodating but a LOT of Motel 6's have lousy internet and I'm starting to think it just isn't worth it.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed April 13, 2017

well this was a first for me here. it was clean and bed was nice. now for the 1st: no drawers, no pen and paper, no coffee pot, no bible, wifi was extra, it took the heater over 2 hrs to heat up the room, the shower head was so low i had to lean down to wash my hair and im only 5' 7",

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank blueman66
Reviewed March 15, 2017

Stayed here a few years ago for a skiing trip and was an OK experience. Stayed again in Feb. 2017 for another skiing trip and was pleased to see the rooms have been upgraded with a modern look and new comfortable beds and wood floors versus carpet. Would recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced placed to stay. Nice access to the interstate and convenient to have a Denny's right next door and the gas station on the corner.

Date of stay: February 2017