“Rough sauce & confusing prices”

De Antonio's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #32 of 75 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Italian
Description: on.fb.me/DeAntonios
Description: on.fb.me/DeAntonios
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

I asked for specials, was told 2 topping 18" delivery was $15.99. I said ok, we can pick it up to save the effort since we are close. We'll order 2, but only need 1 topping each with the kids - our total was 50% more than the delivery price with less toppings! But I don't mind paying for great pizza...this had great crust, light cheese, but a real rough, pasty ketchup-type sauce. If they replaced the sauce with chef boy-r-dee the rating would be 4 stars (seriously). Even better would be fresh whole plum tomatoes mashed with basil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Another killer addition would be 10% pecorino romano cheese on top with more 100% whole milk mozz.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

The pizza and calzone use to be New York style and the Greek salad use to be great. But now with the new owners I would say the food is average but the staff is nice. A lot nicer than the previous owner.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

The plaster here is amazing. The calzones are perfect, this restaurant is a must when visiting Winter Park

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

The food wasn’t that good and the atmosphere was lacking. I ordered pasta primavera with red sauce. The sauce was so thin it didn’t stick to the pasta. The portion was good but the pasta needed salt. It lacked flavor. My brother had the lasagna and he said it was good so maybe just stay away from the pasta dishes.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

the place is very unique, all walls and ceiling are covered with dollar bills, over 40.000$ very special . The pizza was awesome ! the crust was so good . We went to this restaurant twice during our stay ! the only thing I did not like are the bench for seating... it gets uncomfortable very fast for the back after 45 minutes . great service !