All reviews across the street packaged pastries small pool and hot tub coffee maker would stay here again bed was very comfortable ski resort bus stop free breakfast a great place to stay sundowners fridge park winter cleanliness ted wp
Reviewed March 5, 2016

There is nothing special about this hotel, but the location and the price can't be beat! We stayed over a weekend in early February and loved being so close to the Winter Park resort. There was always parking, even though the hotel was busy, and it is walking distance from restaurants. We will definitely stay here again when going to Winter Park! Even though it said that the indoor pool was heated, it was not warm. Not a deal breaker for me, but worth noting.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed February 6, 2016

Good location for downtown. Not near slopes. Good restaurants nearby. This is a basic hotel. We were planning to drive to Winter Park the morning we were skiing, but decided to try to find a place to stay. We got the last room available. There were five of us and the room could sleep six, so it worked. There was only one sink and toilet to share and only one mirror - not good for us women.

Room tip: Ok for a night. Wouldn't plan to say longer.
Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed February 1, 2016

Other than a prime location in downtown Winter Park, this place doesn’t have much going for it. It’s essentially like a run-of-the-mill Motel 6. The rooms are very basic and fairly small, although they did seem pretty clean. The room I was in had a queen bed that was adequate, a mini-fridge and small microwave, a flat-screen TV, and some basic furniture. The doors have old-fashioned keyed locks, and the rooms don’t have safes for storing valuables, so security could be a bit iffy. But by far the worst thing about this place is the thin walls and excessive noise that comes from the parking lot at all hours, especially for ground floor rooms. It’s almost as though the walls and windows and doors are not even there when it comes to letting sound blast through from adjoining rooms and the parking lot. If you’re a light sleeper and you don’t want to be woken up at 6:00am by loud thumping, clanking, coughing, and all kinds of other intrusive noises, then bring some good earplugs. I’ve stayed here twice in recent years, and I can pretty safely safe I won’t be returning.

Room tip: 2nd floor rooms are best, away from the stair wells
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank MikeAVP165
Reviewed December 21, 2015

The room was clean, spacious, had a small frig, microwave, wall mounted flat screen, coffee maker, a king bed with nice mattress and space left in the room for a table and 2 chairs. Our two dogs were welcome and had space under the desk for their blanket. The place has a hot tub and pool as well. The chlorine level was too high but tolerable. Our coughing died down after a while...that's really the only complaint. There's ample places to walk the dogs and it's close to both breweries. The breakfast is coffee, juice and wrapped pastries. Pretty sure this is the lowest price hotel in town.

Date of stay: December 2015
Reviewed October 18, 2015

My husband has been working on Mt. Evans east of Denver and in Rocky Mountain National Park for about a week every August. Not wanting to be left in hot Tucson, AZ, I tried this motel and pretty soon my husband stayed there as well. Perfectly located, both for his work and for my walking either around town or into nature. Traffic noise is nonexistent because of its perpendicular orientation to the main street through town. It could use some upgrading, but is clean and convenient, and we have found the staff to be helpful and friendly. I don't recall any problematic guests, but that can happen at any motel. There is a McDonalds right across the street, as well as other restaurants, for breakfast. I love Winter Park in August - flowers everywhere, both cultivated and wild.

Room tip: We have always had a room on the 2nd floor, above any auto fumes, with better views, and stairs to climb, which is a plus for health.
Date of stay: August 2015