““CAJUN” the gumbo is not.”

Fontenot's Seafood & Grill
Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Winter Park
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kings Cross Street
Transit: During the winter season "The Lift", the Winter Park Resort Shuttle stops directly in-front of our restaurant.
Description: Since 1990 Fontenot’s has built a reputation for high quality cuisine and service; today we continue to build that reputation, bringing a taste of New Orleans to Winter Park. Using the finest ingredients and the freshest seafood available we deliver unique and flavorful creations everyday. While our roots are in Cajun cuisine we offer a wide variety of offerings from our classic Gumbo and Louisiana style Po'Boys to our Chili Seared Scallops and Hand Cut Steaks. Join us daily from 4-6PM for our happy hour drink and dinner specials from $15 Visit us today for lunch, dinner, or happy hour and see why we have been a local favorite for more than 20 years!
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

A very disappointed visit here for “Cajun gumbo”. It was a tasteless $9 bowl of canned tomatoes, some okra, onions a 4 tiny shrimp (smaller than a dime). No flavor, no Cajun flavor at all. My friend and I each had a bowl and left 2/3 of it. Order something else or don’t go in expecting Cajun Gumbo. Unfortunate.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We went for an early lunch on a Sunday. The patio was busy. A piano player was working thru the American songbook. It was very pleasant. We could either order from the breakfast or lunch menu. My wife ordered the cobb salad which was very good. I ordered the fried catfish filet which came with Hot fries. It was a treat, probably the best fish meal I’ve had in months. The service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Fontenot's has a wonderful outdoor verandah - we were lucky enough to get a table and enjoy a lovely morning with friends - food was delicious ! My favorite was the Beignets - but you do need to share !

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

When you are from Louisiana you know that Cajun cooking is all about the slow simmering of flavors coming together to make something wonderful. It does not mean "I'm going to make this dish hot enough to make your eyes run and your head sweat". And, by the way, there is NO such sandwich as a chicken muffuletta. Nope. I ordered the shrimp etouffe and while it wasn't bad, it clearly had not been prepared by a Southern chef or one trained in Southern cooking. So, if you are from the South and you are looking for a bite to eat in Winter Park, I would suggest you eat elsewhere. The serving staff was great and the decor was based on the French Quarter. Just not that good, but you get an E for effort.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

We drove in from Granby for dinner wanting seafood and we were not disappointed. The red fish special was amazing and my husband enjoyed the Cajun cod. The wine was reasonably priced and the outdoor seating beautiful. Good service too!