All reviews waffles hot tub the breakfast area best westerns separate building across the street within walking distance free breakfast decent breakfast room was clean staff was very friendly and helpful morning breakfast front desk staff nice place to stay convenient location middle of town would stay here again
Reviewed February 10, 2016

had a great time staying at this Hotel. was in great location and very clean quiet and cozy.was a friendly staff and helpful for information. had a free breakfast that was nice to enjoy if you wanted too, would recommend staying there if you want a home kinda feeling.was very comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed February 8, 2016

Good value for money, pet friendly, family friendly - lots of skiers. Breakfast included and is actually not bad. Walls are thin so when kids run down hall in ski boots,it's very noticeable, particularly when parents yell at them at 7 am. However, staff and guests friendly and generally helpful. Shuttle stop right next door and across street to Winter Park, centrally located, 15 minutes most by shuttle to base. Walk-able to good restaurants, reasonably close to Foundry Pizza Cinema. I'd definitely stay again but probably bring my ear plugs for early family skiers!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2016

It's a clean, basic hotel. Hot tub lukewarm and in a weird offsite room with a snow covered path outside. Food was two star breakfast. Room was okay. Cleaning staff is good. Front desk staff was helpful, pleasant. Decent value. I wouldn't be rushing back... Will probably go to a condo next time. Nice size fridge and a microwave. Heater a little temperamental but it's an old hotel. Get what you pay for.

Room tip: Third floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MimiR2055
Reviewed February 8, 2016

For the price and location you cannot beat it. The free breakfast is better than most continental I've experienced. Location is right in the heart of Winter Park and there is plenty of restaurants and activities right outside the door.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed February 3, 2016

TA has never steered me wrong but this one is a total miss. Everything about this motel is outdated and marginally average. The bed and linens were adequate and the room was clean. they offered me express check out when I arrived, but it was not available at check out! After a full day of skiing, all I wanted was a good night's sleep. Impossible! The heater keep clicking and turning on with a roaring blast every 45 minutes. I even tried ear plugs. I tried turning it low, still keep cycling off and on. It would not turn off completely. Unless you sleep like the dead, I would warn you to stay somewhere else. Definitely a disappointing 2 night stay. I paid $124 for each night. Usually I stay at the Winter Park Lodge (same price range) which at least has a heating system which allows you to sleep through the night.

Room tip: Try a different hotel
Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank GoldenJudy
BW-Alpenglo-Owner, Owner at Best Western Alpenglo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2016

We are collectively sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I find this review troubling for two reasons - - - 1) We are never satisfied when a guest has a poor stay such as you expressed here. A member of my staff has already contacted you directly in our attempt to "make it right". 2) You identified the issue with the heater and we had our maintenance engineer address it. If that was not completed in a satisfactory manner, you should have let us know - - - otherwise, how can we get it corrected? If we couldn't fix it, we would have gladly relocated you to another room. As for the express check-out piece, there unfortunately was a misunderstanding here. When offered and accepted at check-in, the options are to receive an emailed receipt or one under your door. If this was presented properly by our front desk, there would be no need for you to stop by the front the day of check-out, although some guests still prefer to check out in person, which is fine. Thanks for the opportunity you've provided for a "learning moment" with our front desk staff. Take care!