“Inexpensive and convenient”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Berlin
vermont
“Inexpensive and convenient”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We've stayed here before and always feel comfortable. The price is right, the location is convenient to our friends and family in the area, and the rooms are clean. The staff at the front desk are very friendly (Don - the manager always has a good story to tell), the other staff personnel look busy except for the GM/owner? who just seems to walk around giving orders. The breakfast is adequate but limited and served in a nice open area near the lobby. Plenty of restaurants and chains just north of the Inn on the Berlin Turnpike - Ruby tuesdays was our favorite this time. Good enough for us to come back again next year.

Room Tip: Pets and smokers seem welcome at the Inn. Make sure your room is non smoking and cleaned after pets...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The service was good.
But the hotel desperately needs renovation. The room was smelly.
The lock in the room's door was not in order and it took a lot of time to set it.
Definitely I'll not be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

new york
Reviewed 12 September 2011

the hotel was clean and had a bare, impersonal feeling. nothing for it, nothing against it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Ossining
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I went to this motel for a 2-night getaway. I chose it because it was about 100 miles from my home, and was also checking out a place to stay on longer trips to and from Maine/New Hampshire. It was a lovely stay for both purposes. The hotel staff were very friendly and informative, but not intrusive. Upon arriving, the host suggested a change of room to the first floor might be more comfortable for me, and he turned out to be right. I would not have thought of this myself and appreciated the tip. The staff were helpful in giving me directions to places in nearby towns. The room itself had everything in order and was very comfortable-I slept very well. Unfortunately, it rained for the 2 days I was there and I could not use the pool, nor was it weather to go out in. However, the hotel has a lovely lounge area right next to the breakfast area with comfortable sofas, books, public computer and newspapers. So, I was not room bound. Also, the breakfast kitchenette area was available 24 hours to use microwaving meals or snacks. A nearby restaurant will deliver meals, the takeout menus are placed on a tablein the lobby.
All in all this is a comfortable motel and a good value.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Cyndy265
Nyack, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2011

From the time we checked in, till we checked out we had a very pleasant experience. The staff are very professional but also friendly. I had a very interesting discussion with the gentleman working at the front desk, Ragu. I also appreciated the way he handled a customer who unnecessarily interfered into aspects of official business. I will always stay here with my family.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
cigar2316, General Manager at Days Inn Berlin Meriden, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Here at the Days Inn Berlin, we take great pride in providing the best service to all our guests. I have shared your comments with Ragu, and needless to say it brought a smile to his face.

Thanks again for your business and we look forward to see you next time your in the area.

Sagar
(860)828-4181
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to Maine. The hotel is at a convenient location and the staff is friendly and helpful. However, the room we had was not as clean as I had expected. Some surfaces in the bathroom were dusty and looked like (1) no one has stayed here for a long time or (2) they haven't cleaned it for a while. Although the obvious places look OK, the less obvious spots (e.g., the part of the telephone under the receiver) were pretty dirty, which shows that they haven't done a good job cleaning. The whole place looks a bit old and run down. Bed was not too comfortable. Don't think we will return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I travel alot during the year for business trips. I often stay at various locations and hotels. While on my trip to connecticut, I stayed at Days Inn on the Berlin Turnpike. This was a delightful experience. The hotel location was very convenient for my trip. I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. During my stay I noticed that the hotel staff was very attentive and always ready to make the experience better. As soon as I walked in, I was well greeted and welcomed. The rooms were very spacious, clean and included many amenities. They provided complimentary breakfasts which most of the hotels do now-a-days but they selection and presentation of the food made it a great experience. Overall, I was very happy with the service that I received at this perticular hotel and so I decided to write this review. I wanted to make sure people dont just judge the place by its name but rather come inside and experience a great service and enjoy their stay....I know I did :)

Room Tip: Just talk to the receiption desk, very friendly
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
0.4 km away
5.2 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Cromwell

Been to Days Inn Berlin Meriden? Share your experiences!