“Be Careful”

Days Inn Berlin Meriden
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I had never encountered bed bugs before I stayed in room 105 in this hotel, but after 2 nights there I had more experience than I ever want to have again. Apparently, some people are allergic to bed bugs, and I am one of those people. I had itchy welts on my arms and legs after the first night, and more after the 2nd. I thought it might be an allergic reaction to some Thai food we had for supper, but after I did a little research, I figured out it was bug bites. I stayed with other friends and family, who were in other rooms, and, it seems, did not get bitten. Also, I have to give the hotel management credit, when I called to complain, they were very professional, accepted my report, and told me that they have exterminators come to treat the place on a regular basis.

I would also say that the breakfast was pretty lame. Otherwise, the place was just okay, and low cost. We were in the area for my nephew's graduation from Wesleyan, and the location was pretty convenient for that.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 105
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank openmouthedfool
cigar2316, General Manager at Days Inn Berlin Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

I am truly sorry for your experience during your stay. We value your feedback and have taken action to remedy the issue. We have retrained our staff and have 3rd party professionals do preventative maintenance at regular intervals to ensure this issue does not reoccur.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband stayed here last week on business. One week later he had welts from bed bug bites all over his neck, parts of his wrists, face, and back. I've read that bites typically show up between 5-9 days after exposure, so the timing appears to be right.
We don't know yet if the bugs were transferred to our home. I have not yet shown any signs of having been bitten myself, but I can't tell you how stressful this is!
I'm terrified that his one-night hotel stay is going to cost us hundreds or even thousands of dollars in extermination fees.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank J G
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I first discovered Days Inn a couple of years ago, when I needed some down time. (Adult children living at home with THEIR babies!!). I went on line, found a coupon and checked in for a weekend. I've been going with increasing regularity since then. I now also take one of the grands with me, who absolutely LOVES the experience...with the exception of the channels. If the Disney channel were on the line up it would be the perfect place for her...and if even ONE of the cooking channels was available the hotel would get ALL the stars! My only other comment is regarding the coupons. While they clearly DO NOT state weekends excluded, at least every other time I've gone, I've been told I can't use it. The last time, I was simply going to leave and go down the turnpike a short way, when I was informed, as a regular customer, it would be honored 'this' time. Unfortunately, that does not bode well for my next visit, but we will see.
I really do like staying there but don't want to go through the coupon discussion every single time. If I were manager, I would ensure whenever a return customer arrived, my front desk staff would be instructed to lose the 'can't honor the coupon on a Friday or Saturday because the manager said so' speech!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank A P H

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. We will continue to work hard to make sure any future stays you have with us are as good or even better.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

On New Years eve my husband and I went to Berlin CT to visit family. The best price on a hotel in that area was the Days Inn,and it was pretty nice for the price! The rooms were very clean and the front desk person was very friendly. The only complaint I have is the breakfast, there was very few things left to eat,but the coffee was hot! Last time I was in the area we stayed at the Best Western down the street and it was much more expensive. When we go again we will stay at the Days Inn!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have a nice patio,upstairs rooms do not
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura1117
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The host did their best but you get what you pay for and this is definately budget.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We've stayed here before and always feel comfortable. The price is right, the location is convenient to our friends and family in the area, and the rooms are clean. The staff at the front desk are very friendly (Don - the manager always has a good story to tell), the other staff personnel look busy except for the GM/owner? who just seems to walk around giving orders. The breakfast is adequate but limited and served in a nice open area near the lobby. Plenty of restaurants and chains just north of the Inn on the Berlin Turnpike - Ruby tuesdays was our favorite this time. Good enough for us to come back again next year.

Room Tip: Pets and smokers seem welcome at the Inn. Make sure your room is non smoking and cleaned after pets...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The service was good.
But the hotel desperately needs renovation. The room was smelly.
The lock in the room's door was not in order and it took a lot of time to set it.
Definitely I'll not be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
1.9 km away
6.8 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
5.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden

Been to Days Inn Berlin Meriden? Share your experiences!