“Best Polish Food in the State”
Review of Baltic Restaurant

Baltic Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

The meal was served in a timely fashion, servers always polite and friendly and most accommodating. Quality of food : homemade, like Mom use to make. Need I say more try it and you too will be a regular client.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Beautiful facility...very European looking and inviting. Extensive menu but we wanted to try the standard Polish plates and not particularly to our liking. Service was fine but not the friendliest we've ever had. Didn't care for their kielbasa or the galumklis, pierogies were bland and the doneness was inconsistent and the potato pancakes were greasy and I like greasy but too much.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Highly recommend this restaurant. Superb menu, excellent service. Food is amazing! Anyone wanting true Baltic cuisine, this is it. Do call ahead for reservations though.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

One of the best Polish restaurants in the area. It is the closest to my Mother’s cooking. Lovely decor and friendly service. A nice selection of food on the many. I never pass up on the soup choices.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

I love love love this place! My #1 item that I really enjoy eating is the Bigos (Hunter's stew)! Where do I start? We came here at the advice of a friend about 3 years ago. We first came for Mother's day (and I'm Italian, but my husband is Polish and I love authentic ethnic food). I also enjoy experiencing other cultures. On a Sunday they have a brunch where you can eat a little bit of everything. We were told at this week's visit that they only put the brunch together if they know a lot of people are coming and will enjoy it because they do not want to waste food. So, the first time we came with about 8 people for Mom's day and it was outstanding. Since then we have been in for lunch and several dinners. The food is fresh and the fried items are a good fry...not super oily at all! I love to eat everything so we usually get a few of the sampler platters and we share...so recently, we had stuffed cabbage-they make the BEST! It just melts in your mouth and has FAB flavor! keilbasa with saurkraut, pierogi-I love them all (only the meat ones I'm not too crazy about, but my hubby and daughter liked them). I tried a sweet cream crepe this time and loved it, fried apple fritters-these were good and tasty, but the only complaint-too much dough and needs more apples inside. We also tried the pickle soup for the first time-WOW! It was fantastic! I quickly looked up a recipe and I really want to try to make that at home! I'd definitely order the pickle soup again-you won't believe the taste and it's not what you're thinking! But this will be difficult because I usually order a special and then get a side of BIGOS (Hunter's Stew) because that is my absolute fave! and not it will be hard to decide-which to get-pickle soup or bigos, so if there are 2 of you get a cup a pickle soup and then order a side of bigos with your SPECIAL! One of our daughters got the pasta with chicken-parmigiana style-Yes, I know in a Polish place, but she is 9 and picky and it was fantastic! Her salad that came with the main entree was a good sized salad! I have also had their potato pancakes and boy are those filling! I also should say that their restaurant is very clean and the service is great! Luckily, we have always had wonderful friendly servers who really tend well to our needs. I enjoy the decorations inside as well. It's really a nice place to go. The last time we were there, there was a family celebrating someone's birthday and my kids got to hear Happy Birthday in Polish! What a great experience for them! We had fun listening to them and on Mother's Day there is usually someone there playing the piano! I can't say enjoy wonderful things about this restaurant. The only real complaint that I have is....I wish they were closer to my home! (We live about 20-25 minutes away, but it is worth the drive!) (There is no kids' menu, but look at it as getting 2-3 meals out of one meal for your child! and besides...who doesn't like leftovers?!)

1  Thank Paulabina