“Mother”

Great pizza, great salads
Huge grinders.
Nice booths and tables
Great combination of pizza's
No waiting and great service
A staple in our household

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

When I was younger and growing up in Ellington, CT, there were several pizza places that were just so good that we couldn't decide which one to go to. Somers Pizza, Steve and Tom's, Pastori's, and Ellington Pizza were all so good! One by one, they closed or changed owners. Well, now there is Bill's, in Berlin, CT.

Bill's is as close to the good old days as I've had in 30 years! This is the 2nd time I've been here, but it won't be the last. We've only ordered the pizza, but they have the typical menu of dishes. Lots of cheese and toppings with a nice sweet sauce on a light crust. I also like the way the pizza is sliced into squares instead of triangles.

The inside is plain, but clean. Both times I've been, the place has been mobbed. That's always a good sign.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We love Bill's pizza, but for my money, the spinach pie is the bomb!! Fresh spinach, sausage & potato nestled inside of a yummy crust. You won't by sorry!!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Gotta love Bill's pizza! Old fashioned sub shop and fantastic pizza like you can only get in New England. Try the eggplant pizza. Everything is fresh and the operators are friendly.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

My brother lives in Berlin, so after a round of golf, I suggested a couple of pizzas. His new favorite place is Bill's. We ordered a large pepperoni/hamburger and a large cheese. I was a bit surprised at the cost of the pizza, as it was more than I expected to pay. However, maybe the food would be worth it.

Well, it was worth it. The crust was perfectly cooked. The sauce was sweet and the toppings were plentiful. I think Bill's is now my favorite pizza in the area, too.

Date of visit: June 2016