“weeklong stay thanks to a power outage at home”

Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Branford
West Hartford, Connecticut
“weeklong stay thanks to a power outage at home”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

we live near hartford and after a couple of days without power, i was happy to find a room where i could bring my dogs. my dad & best friend and her brother also ended up booking with them.
this is a days inn, not the hilton or crowne plaza, for the reviewers who expect a 4 or 5 star hotel. days inn is very good about accommodating pets, the rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful. my tv had a problem with the volume which was fixed right away w/ a replacement tv.
the price was probably a little higher than what it would have been if not for the storm, but $99/night was reasonable considering. the owners were nothing but nice and accommodating. we checked in on monday and found out our power was back sunday at 3 or 4 and they didnt charge us for our last day.
i did notice a guest in the lobby arguing w/ the owners about his room rate being raised due to the storm, but im guessing he was rude to them because they waived the pet fee for us, so i know they weren't only concerned about money.
overall, very good clean accommodations and i would recommend them.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jenct87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I was traveling down to Hartford, CT for an interview (with my husband in tow) and unfortunately the hotel that I was originally booked to stay at had lost power but failed to inform me until I called them at 5pm the night I was to check in. The Days Inn in Branford was the only hotel within 50 miles of Hartford with rooms available for under $200. The only good thing that I can say about the hotel was that I was able to book a room at 8pm the night of the stay.

The hotel itself is almost frightening in appearance from the outside. It closely resembles a set from a horror movie. The doors had no deadbolts, but did have chain locks. The room itself was disgusting. There were stains of varying colors all over the floors, walls, and comforter. The wallpaper was peeling in several places. One of the lights over the bed did not work, and when trying to turn it on, it nearly came off the wall. The bathroom was clean in appearance; however, the floor of the shower was disconcertingly sticky. The heater in the room did not work and blew cold air all night--this is probably something we should have told management, but did not, as we were exhausted from the trip down. The television only got two stations. The bed was hard as a rock and the pillows were old, worn-down, and thoroughly stained to the point that you could see the stains through the pillowcase.

I did not go in to check in/out personally, but my husband states that the front desk workers were terse and disinterested when he was trying to drop the key off in order to check out.

I would not stay here again. Ever.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The staff is great very accomdating they really will go the extra mile for a nice customer...

• Stayed October 2011
New York
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Poor quality beds, sloppy decor, stains on things, disinfectant smell, ice cold bathrooms, the building is slab on grade, no insulation on the floor.

The floor plans are ridiculous, idiotic and I was in the Business Class Large room, cannot see the TV form the bed or sofa, the bed must have been purchased for a trailer park, it was just junk, the curtains were falling down and there was tape glue all over the desk which also had no lamp or notepads and pens. This was the second room for the first one looked like a barracks, no closet, a dump big time!!!

Stay Away From This Nightmare; after 1.5 hours of hassles, the manager said he "did mot need me when I said I was leaving and that he was keeping my money, I had to call Citibank and report him for Fraud.

And they allowed teens to make excessive noise in the public areas. I had to call the Police on both the management and the guests.

Disgusting, hideous, smelly, too cold, poor and un business like manager, too lazy to keep the place up

Room Tip: go anyplace but here
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Clean and quiet. Excellent location right off the interstate at exit 55. Very friendly and accomodating staff. Nicely done continental breakfast and complimentary newspaper.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Everyone is so accomadating.The room was spotless.The cleaning staff was friendly and courteous.They went out of their way to please.A continental breakfast is served daily in the main lobby.Each room is equipped with it's own coffee(delicious!),coffeepot,hairdryer,iron,ironing board,microwave,and refrgerator. The swimming pool was crystal-clear.Although the hotel always seemed to be full,it was nice and quiet in the room.And each room has wireless internet and cable TV.The hotel is located conveniently within minutes to the movie theater,shopping,beaches,and restaurants featuring cuisines from mexican to chinese to indian to italian etc.I had a wonderful experience and will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

After staying in a number of Days Inns on a 2 week road trip of the East Coast, it has to be said that this is thee worst place we had EVER stayed in. As we rolled up in the car, it looked like something out of CSI. A nice, stagnent giant puddle spread across the carpark, a charming cloudy, green pool with with the ironic sign 'please shower before getting in the pool' and the very dated lobby and check in desk. When we got our keys we parked up and took our luggage upstairs expecting the standard we had met along the trip from the many Days Inns. The door sprang open only to be hit by the stench of damp. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the bedding had many cigarette and moth eaten holes in it and the bathroom door didnt close properly. A rediculous sign about enjoying our stay so much that we'd want to buy the bedding and towels was about the only thing we found amusing! It is needless to say that our doors were doubly locked at night as the people around us eyed up everything we took in and brought out!!!Needing to wash clothes, we went to reception to ask about a laundrette, only to be told there was one, but the didnt sell any washing detergent. So we had to travel around looking for some. We went to use the laundrette on site which was a washer - that DIDNT work (after sitting outside waiting for 40mins on it!). I became covered in bites over my 2 night stay which I thought might have been mosquitos but after reading about bed bugs, I wouldnt be surprised if it was them as the bites only appeared in the morning when I got up. I would not recommend this place to anyone and it did truley ruin part of our trip and view of New Haven.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
1.2 km away
12.5 km away
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven? Share your experiences!