Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Doubletree.comUS$161
PricelineUS$161
Hotels.comUS$161
Expedia.comUS$161
FindHotelUS$161
StayForLongUS$204
All reviews hot tub rooms were very clean would definitely stay here again fitness center espn ct wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2020

Let’s start off by saying this was my wedding weekend and everything was amazing except the hotel!
I don’t know where to begin...
1. We booked 2 king size Suites for Friday and one Saturday. I went to check in to find out that only one of my suites was available and I would have to get a double queen suites...WOW
2. The rooms were very nice howeverrrr... where is the microwave?! Why was the trash so small ( one coffee cup and it was full ) and I had to call down to get towels since room service doesn’t come. And the refrigerator never got cold!
3.Friday I went to the sports bar and let 4 staff members ( bartender,manager, 2 waitress’s) know that my wedding was going to bring 25-40 people back to drink on the patio and the manager said it was fine because another wedding had inside dinning for preordered food. Upon returning the hotel after the wedding and being so excited ( I just got married for god sakes!) I change and head down to the bar/patio... I walked into the sports bar to join some of my guest that were already there and let them know that we were heading to the patio. the waitress ( who had no clue we were coming ) stated she was at work since the morning and the patio was closed but agreed to take care of us until 11pm on the patio then I would have to take my wedding party back into the sports bar with the other wedding party. We get out to the patio and then was given the “rules” and we couldn’t even bring a WATER ( that was giving to us in the hotel )
On the patio because she would get charged for the item ,( wait WHAT?! ) way to make it uncomfortable from the start! We get some drinks and ordered food and from the kitchen area we hear glasses breaking ... the waitress comes out and says the cooks got into a fight ( you gotta be kidding me! ). then the forbidding door started to become a issue ,well only to paying guest not regulars! Every time the door opened the waitress was forced by the manager to come and SCREAM at us! But not the regulars! Why would lock doors when you know a wedding party is on your patio?! I decided it was enough was enough and closed my tab 30 mins into getting there...and then My guest that we’re still in the sports bar left because the other wedding party showed up and we wanted to be respectful ... sure enough they walked the football field to get to the patio and out the forbidden doors... busting thru the door was the waitress screaming that security was going to get called and then the manager forced the waitress to scream at my guest demanding a receipt for the drinks... that was just bought at the sports bar inside!!! Unreal! . We decided to leave because it was to much and returned to our rooms. There was a chocolate covered strawberry’s and bottle of champagne was waiting ( it kinda made up for the patio shenanigans) and then.....
4. We wake up to my mother in law calling in panic mode bc OUR cars got broken into!!! And not just ours but 24ish cars!! My trucks door wide open ... right in front of a CAMERAS!! My friends and family were here to have a good time and someone dropped the ball!!! Poorly run hotel... two weddings, soccer tournament , and you decide to short staff us!!
5. To add insult to injury ... the hotel made the GUEST clean up there broken glass!!! Literally handed them a broom and dustpan and told them to clean it up!! Holy cow!!
6. The manager/gm has been ducking me ever since!!! Not even a courtesy I’m sorry!!

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank geraldol722
Reviewed October 11, 2020

Rented 2 suites here for the wedding of a close friend. Check-in was smooth via app - we didn't get the famous Doubletree cookies when we arrived which was disappointing but rooms were clean...and that's where the good part ends.

The suites had a "kitchenette" - no microwave or freezer. The refrigerator was lukewarm no matter how high we set it.

Water pressure so low that it was a struggle to rinse the toothpaste off of a toothbrush, nevermind rinsing bodies/hair.

Housekeeping does not come by due to COVID, you have to request it. Understandable, we called the front desk, requested it for both suites. Never showed. By the time we checked out, every garbage can was overflowing and there was a pile of towels in each bathroom.

After the wedding 10/10/20, we go to the patio to enjoy the lovely outdoor firepit pictured on the website. It doesn't exist. Fine, we still hang out and enjoy the beautiful weather and spend more time with our bride and groom and friends. We all sit down and order drinks and food.

Shortly after the food arrives, the waitress tells us that patio is closing, we can no longer walk into/out of hotel via the interior walkway that leads to the front desk and rooms, we must exit patio and walk around the building through the parking lot and in through the front door. Weird, as we are all guests of the hotel and should not have to do that. Additional guests then come out through that door just after she tells us this, and she comes screaming out of the kitchen yelling "THE PATIO IS CLOSED! YOU CANNOT USE THESE DOORS, AND EVERY TIME THAT YOU DO, SECURITY CALLS US AND MY SUPERVISOR IS UPSET!" We are all startled that she's screaming at people and turn around to see - sure enough - her Karen-faced manager standing there glaring at all of us. Literally a minute after this, two "regulars" that the staff and supervisor had been very cozy with - not guests of the hotel - casually walk right back through the doors that we were screamed at for using and exit the exact way that we were all just scolded about avoiding. Apparently, "rules" don't apply to local regulars, and Karen had no issue with them using the interior walkway to leave the hotel.

Food then comes out, waitress informs us that "two cooks got into a fist fight" in the kitchen and the breaking glass noises that we just heard were due to this. Classy. Nice staff. Sounds like Supervisor Karen may have bigger issues to worry about than what door people use. Also, do I want to eat the food that was just made in a kitchen where people are having UFC bouts? Is there blood in my food? Glass? Who knows.

Just after this, another guest comes through The Forbidden Doors. Is again screamed at. This guest is approached by the waitress and loudly (and I am sure, embarrassingly) informed that he must produce a receipt for the Bud Light bottle that he is carrying. The one that he just carried out of the restaurant and into the patio area of said restaurant. That one. Guest is understandably befuddled. Waitress then loudly informs him that security is watching on camera and can see that he carried a Bud Light out onto the patio and that security and Supervisor Karen would like to see a receipt. We all become concerned as we, too, have drinks from said restaurant and do not have receipts. Will the Doubletree Polizia come for us, too?? Waitress then also says, "MY SUPERVISOR SMELLS WEED, TOO, AND IS VERY UPSET". We aren't smoking anything, nevermind weed, and not sure why no one has trained Supervisor Karen to address issues like this in a professional manner rather than sending her screaming banshee of a waitress out to embarrass the bejesus out of paying hotel guests.

We decide it's time to get the hell out of this nightmare, and like good little boys and girls, we walk out of the patio and make the long trek in the dark around the building in through the front door, as if we didn't spend $1200 for a two-night stay here.

The next morning, we are awoken bright and early by SCREAMING children and adults in our hallway. We discreetly stroll to the elevators to see what in the hell could explain that at 8 am on a Sunday...there appears to be a child's birthday party happening in a suite down the hall from ours. Uh, ok. Security must be right on that, I’m sure - or maybe they’re napping after we wore them out with all of our door shenanigans.

We get up and start to pack to escape this place, only to then find out that overnight, 22 cars in the parking lot were broken into. Glass everywhere, all kinds of stuff stolen. Security must have really been busy cracking down on using the wrong doors, because they somehow missed this. Despite cameras everywhere and an apparently top notch security team that has time to analyze video for someone carrying a drink from the restaurant out to the restaurant patio, Hilton takes no responsibility for what happened.

Basically, don’t stay here.

Room tip: For best rooms, stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank charlieaS4460XX
Reviewed September 11, 2020

I read the previous review on my way here and was reassured by Hilton’s response that they are retraining their staff. But at check in the three employees all had their masks down on their chins and made no effort to move them.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Danielle Dufault, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your feedback. I sincerely apologize to hear of these issues you experienced while staying with us. Please know that we do enforce the wearing of masks for all guests as well as employees. I sincerely apologize that you found several employees who were not incompliance with this. Please know that this truly is not our standards of service and we have spoken to all staff members to ensure they all understand the importance of wearing masks while in the hotel. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention so that we could address this with all of the employees. I would like to thank you for visiting us at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Bristol. If you visit the area again, I truly hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed September 6, 2020

The suite we stayed in was beautiful, spacious and very comfortable. We would choose to stay here again if several issues could be addressed, but my feedback to Doubletree and to Hilton has been completely ignored so far. Since one of these is a safety issue, and with not hearing back from them that is was being address, I felt this should be known for other travelers.

We had a very short stay of only one night 8/28/2020 and encountered 3 staff who were not wearing masks over their mouth and nose. One of the two front desk clerk was wearing it on his chin which seems fine behind the partition, but we had exposure on the far right side of the check in counter (the right side doesn’t have plexi, just the front). The second exposure was getting off the tower elevator and a staff member being right there when the elevator door opened on the lobby floor with mask down. The third exposure was when I went to pick up our dinner from the hotel restaurant and the waitress with glasses on was wearing her mask below her nose and talking three feet away from me while I was at the bar right by the entrance. This was a very frustrating experience, made me feel unsafe, and this was not at all in compliance with the policies I understood to be in place when I booked this suite as well as what I understood to be state requirements.

Another small frustration were the supplies in our beautiful suite. This was a one bedroom suite that was booked for 3 people and had two double beds and a pull out couch. We had:

- 5 tissues (not boxes of tissues, 1 box with 5 tissues in it)
- 1 bar of soap (there were two bath sinks and one kitchen sink and one bar of soap for the entire suite)
- 2 bath towels, 2 wash clothes (for three guests)
- no towel for the kitchen

This just made no sense to me and since we had encountered so many maskless staff, I really did not want more staff encounters to try to remedy this for a one night stay.

The last point of frustration was there was no do not disturb tag available in our suite and housekeeping knocked 4 times at 10am when our checkout was at 11am - I found that irritating and excessive and completely unnecessary.

I left this feedback both with Doubletree and with Hilton and was very surprised to receive absolutely no response whatsoever. I rarely have a complaint with any Hilton brand hotel and have, in the past at least, choosen them for work often - on the rare occasion any issues have always been responded to and addressed. Not sure what is going on with now with this hotel and this brand?

Room tip: Don’t stay here unless you want to be exposed to staff not wearing masks over nose and mouth.
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Housemom10
Ryan Lantz, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We value your comments and opinions. I apologize that we seem to have fallen short in meeting your expectations. I also apologize that a hotel representative failed to respond to you in a timely manner. It is our policy that ALL staff and guests wear masks while in public areas. We have addressed your concerns with the team members in question. We have used your comments as coaching points with our team, and we would like to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton in Bristol. We look forward to seeing you again soon, safe travels.

Ryan Lantz
Front Office Supervisor
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Bristol

Reviewed August 9, 2020 via mobile

First I would like to give recognition to RYAN and CHRISTINE they’re amazing employees of yours. They helped me and my wife with every issue we had. They made sure we was comfortable every night. They’re hospitality was AMAZING. Greatly appreciated staying there.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryan Lantz, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2020

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience with the world. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, our team strives to provide exceptional service for all of our guests, and I am happy to see that I was able to personally assist you during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Safe travels!