See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

Don't stay here. It's a shame. The room has rust, mold, dirty stained upholstery. Each comes with it's own smell to form a giant big bad smell. The A/C worked. The bathroom was plain disgusting. Sleeping in the car would be better. Less risk
$59.80

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank MiggieNorthernNJ
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I so wanted to like this little place, because it's so reasonably priced, so attractive from the outside, and it's not part of a chain. The owner seemed to be very friendly both on the phone and in person. We stayed only a single night, but long enough for me to form an opinion.

The trash in the washroom had not been emptied. There were a few wrappers in it. The towels were clean, so it's not like nobody had been there to clean. That left me with such a disgusted feeling that everything else in the place was suspect. I noticed the mildew in the shower. The missing or cracked tiles in the washroom. The dirty filter on the air conditioner. The incredibly uncomfortable pillows.

I wish this could have been a positive review, but wishing does not make the Hillside Motel worthy of one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank at78rpm
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our stay was wonderful thanks to the caring owners. It is clean and comfortable. The weekly rate was perfect for our stay. I recommend this motel if you want a quiet getaway close to nature (fishing or on the Farmington River, bike trails, etc) and many delightful restaurants. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura R
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for a clean motel room at an extremely reasonable price. The location is perfect if you want to fish or frolic on the Farmington River or go to the wineries or do all kinds of stuff in the Farmington River Valley.

The motel boasts few frills but that is, I would guess why the room rate is so unbelievably low at $60 per night.

I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank ClarieDariegg
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Hillside Motel a number of times over the years and will continue to do so any time I make overnight trips to the Farmington River for fishing. It is clean, quiet and comfortable. The owners are very friendly

I am giving it three stars, but anybody who expects anything like a chain motel would more likely give it one star. On my own personal scale (clean, quiet, comfortable) it rates five stars, so I am compromising with the three star rating.

The place has a funky charm and reminds me of motels that I stayed in as a kid in the late fifties and early sixties when I did some travelling with parents and grandparents. You can find more upscale accommodations nearby, if that is what you want, but if you need a good place to crash after fishing all day, Hillside Motel is the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo