“Best lasagna of my life...all at our table said "yum!" about their various entrees!”

Viron Rondo Osteria
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2015

Great..and i mean great food, good service and lovely restaurant! Just one caveat here...horrendous accoustics! We were a party of four for lunch on a Friday. The restaurant was rather busy and we could barely hear each other. I kept asking them to repeat. I know others have reviewed and complained about the noise so owner is aware. He may be working on the problem as i type. Sure hope so for his sake. This restaurant is a winner for sure except for the noise. Food is excellent. Our entrees were lasagna...the best...eggplant parmesan..delicious and for mozzarelle they use the real good stuff...chicken parm..which was inhaled and while not on the menu accomodated my husband's obsession for linguini con vongole! And talk about inhaling! He said it was incredible. By the way their red sauce is to die for. So in conclusion this place is great....except for that n word. We like to enjoy our conversations when dining out..so Mr. Rhondo..please make it happen. Bar looks like a happening place for the younger crowd too and i heard they have good happy hour specials daily. Give it a try..we will definitely be going back!!

There are newer reviews for Viron Rondo Osteria

Reviewed 28 May 2015

Last night my friends and I went to Viron Rondo's for one of our birthdays. Two of us got there early and sat at the bar. Both bartenders were so cheerful and made our drinks with a big smile. We had fried calamari for an app while we were waiting for the rest of our group to join us...it melted in your mouth, so fresh and light and the prize $6 durning happy hour.
When the six of us sat for dinner we had the friendliest waiter, named Marco, that one could ask for. He was very knowledgable about the menu and all the meals. He was very attentive and didn't miss a beat. For apps we had the mussels...in a tomatoe broth that were like silk, fresh muzz, and the fried eggplant and zucchini w cucumber yogurt dip.All were delicious. Dinner, all generous portions from linguini with shrimp spinach and fresh muzz, chicken under a brick, so crisp and tender and the bolangesse was my favorite. Once we were done with dinner Marco brought us over a piece of chocolate mousse cake that was big enough for all six of us to share, he even joined in with us to sing happy birthday. I live in Guilford but have no problen saying that I will return. I never write reviews but this place really won me over, smiles and great service along with wonderful food goes a long way . Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Cheshire doesn't offer many restaurants and we were intrigued when Viron Rondo's opened up. We have made two visits to the establishment and have been pleasantly satisfied both times.

The food seems fresh with nice portion sizes. I've had the Eggplant Parmigiana and Pappardelle Toscana, which are both delicious (but I would recommend trying the latter). My wife had the pizza which she enjoyed. She eats gluten free and the servers pointed out specific items that she ordered that may not be gluten free. This was impressive as it seems as though the servers have a good knowledge of the menu.

The location is a little outside of town but well worth the trip.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

Many people in the area like it because there's not much else around. It's definitely steps above the glorified pizza places. The food can be very good - just not consistent. The same with the service. Prices don't seem bad until the bill comes - then it seems a bit high. Go for lunch. We've been there several times, but haven't eaten in the bar - I believe there is a separate bar menu. The atmosphere is a step above, but not warm - can be very noisey.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

Sat at the bar and had a great meal and they also have a nice draft list for us beer drinkers. They also have a great happy hour but beware, it gets very crowded.