“Excellent place to visit”

Indian River Marina
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Clinton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place has a ton of kayaks for rent with a quick and informative instruction piece in the beginning. Its is safe and fun for all ages and the staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. The river is beautiful and you have a short paddle to the town beach or Cedar Island. Love it!

All reviews
"boats"
in 7 reviews
"activity"

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was just home visiting family for the weekend and my girlfriend and I were lucky to find this place online. We enjoyed it so much the first day paddle-boarding that we came back and kayaked in the morning. They give great tips about the area and are very accommodating. I would definitely go back to them on my next visit.

1  Thank WiseTraveler1974
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We're considering buying kayaks but have never been on the water. So having seen an ad for Indian River Marina kayak rentals, I made a reservation. What a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! The folks were accomodating, pleasant and very knowledgeable. With handy laminated maps and some basic instruction, we were off for a great day on the water. I'm sure we'll go again to try different models. Thanks so much!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

A wonderful experience for kayakers of every level - beginners or advanced.
A choice of several, well kept kayaks. Owner is very helpful, rates are reasonable and boats are clean & comfortable.
I'll be returning!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I've rented from them, and they're affordable and easy and friendly. They can help you select the right boat and you can stay out as long as you want to. You pay by the hour when you return. They provide the paddle and flotation jacket, and they tell you the basics of how to paddle. Fast, easy, simple, just a great day on the water, right near Meigs point in the Hamonassett state park and wildlife preserve.

The coastline is beautiful and full of various birds from cranes, herons, osprey and others. Bring binoculars and a camera.

I've bought 2 used boats from them at incredible prices. If you're small like me (5'0", 110 pounds) try the tribute 12. It's the boat I bought, designed for women. So comfortable!

Paddling is great. Anyone can do it. You'll be hooked right away!

2  Thank jazzjunkysue