Open today: Closed
Sunset paddle

Reviewed July 26, 2018
tjwolfe44
via mobile
Fun for the whole family!

Reviewed July 22, 2018
smileygirl
Connecticut

All reviews paddle boarding cedar island laminated map life jackets great selection awesome experience short paddle small island spend an afternoon plenty of parking low tide equipment osprey kayaking birds boats activity
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Had an absolutely amazing time on our sunset paddle! So peaceful & beautiful out on the water! Staff was so friendly & helpful! And, the bathrooms & changing rooms were very clean! Thank you for a perfect evening!

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We had an exciting and relaxing day kayaking yesterday. We were very impressed with the incredible service Chris and his friendly, helpful staff provided us. Great selection of kayaks, paddleboards and canoes. The kayaks we rented were like new with a very comfortable seat cushion and a covered storage container for our lunch bag and beach towel. We were given a laminated map, life jackets, paddles and off we went on our adventure. We enjoyed the beautiful scenic coastline full of birds, ducks, osprey and plenty of boats and yachts around the nearby marina. Be sure to bring your camera! We followed the Indian River which leads into picturesque Clinton Harbor. We chose to go to the beach on Cedar Island. Nice area to stop, explore, relax on the beach and pick up pretty shells too. Indian River Kayak is a great place to visit. They have plenty of parking, clean restrooms and changing rooms. We highly recommend visiting Indian River Kayak and taking a relaxing paddle along the river. It's a fun adventure for the whole family whether you are a novice or expert. Can't wait to go back! Bring your camera!

2  Thank smileygirl
Reviewed July 14, 2018

From the moment we drove up, I was happy we chose to come to Indian River Marina. Emily was particularly accommodating and helpful in getting us set up for our paddle. The location was beautiful and easy to get around; I would recommend this to all family and friends!

2  Thank crbarton4
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

We have been using this Marina for four years now
My friend Lisa loves the ease and service at this location, Chris is an incredible owner who deeply cares about providing the best experience
A couple of years ago we were looking to buy a new kayak. Chris was amazing and steered us to a Pungo 120. Lisa had been thrilled with how easy it is to use. Thanks Chris it makes my life easier. Marina has a gazebo for us non water people
Very easy to find from highway. Changing rooms. Plus they clean and store your kayak after you use it making the Indian River experience complete.

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Chris and Caitlin were great hosts! They made me feel right at home the moment I arrived on the premises. This is a perfect location for water sports since there is very little motor boat traffic. Being a Canadian from Montreal, Chris actually knows about hockey! Bonus!

1  Thank Patty C
Reviewed June 25, 2018

The location is great for kayaking, Chris provides very useful instructions for navigating the area. Chris also let me try out different kayaks and provided great advice on the right kayak for me when it came time to purchase my own.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Last Friday I bought my second kayak from Chris at Indian River Marina. I was very happy with the amount of time Chris spent with me and number of boats he let me test drive. Chris is very knowledgeable and I am very happy with the boat I eventually purchased.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

visited with my son for fathers day kayak trip, was so much fun that he wants to take it up as a new hobby. Chris was more than helpful and fitted us out with top-notch kayaks. The location is great for either sea kayaking or river kayaking, wonderful wildlife.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Great joint for a New England Breakfast. Good service, counter seating for solo or freinds. Plenty to choose from on the menu. I would rate the lunch menu had I been there for lunch, but I never tried it. Short walk from train if your planning on commuting or grabbing breakfast on the way somewhere.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We rented a cottage in nearby Old Lyme and I contacted Indian River Marina by telephone ahead of time to get pricing on renting kayaks for the week and also getting them delivered. The price was just right for 2 single kayaks and one tandem - paddles and vests were included along with delivery right to our door! We stopped off in Clinton to show ID and pay for the week and a little later in the day the delivery arrived. The kayaks, vests and paddles were in brand new condition and we had so much fun all week. When our week was over, they stopped by and picked up all the equipment. I will definitely be calling them next summer for rentals!