The Victorian Village website describes sweet, appealing cottages, filled with antiques and touches of history. We arrived Thursday, March 22nd for a four night stay. The first cottage we booked was very small, so we requested a larger one (double the price). Initially it looked cozy yet roomy. It was the "Prince Albert" cottage, with a loft.
It did not take long before we realized things were not as they seemed. Some of them are:
1. No batteries in the smoke alarms
2. No phone
3. Battered and broken furniture
4. No towels, no soap, no shampoo.
5. No batteries in the remote for the TV.
6. The twin bed in the loft was leaning against the railing, with lamps on the floor...no table to set them on...no bedding for the bed.....
The floors were filthy with some sort of pet hair, perhaps a long haired cat or golden retreiver dog. All of the chair and table legs were filled with dirt and fur. The cottage smelled strongly of cat urine. The bathroom sink didn't drain, nor did the door close, since the handles were broken.
The paint was chipping, and generally the entire place was in great disrepair. I have attached some photos with the hope people considering this place take a look and understand it's not as it appears on their website.
- Also Known As:
- a Victorian Village Hotel Clinton