“Nice family run motel”

Clinton Motel
Clinton Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed 4 May 2015

have known the owners for many years as I booked the entire motel one year for my dad's birthday......keep a boat in clinton and have stayed here in off season and when people come to visit they stay there.....not a holiday inn but rooms are not small...have frig and microwave, are very clean and have been updated....owners are very friendly and helpful....prices are very reasonable....AAA discount and close to beach and outlets and some great restaurants in area........well worth staying there....won't be disappointed and will save money

Room Tip: most rooms have beern updated.....east side more recent
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Leonard C

Reviewed 2 October 2014

We are originally from the area and stay at Clinton Motel every time we visit family/friends. It is in an excellent location: walk to beaches and the small quaint town of Clinton , easy on and off to I-95, short drive to Outlet Malls and Hammonasset State Beach Park; Dunkin Donuts, Walgreens and large grocery store around the corner. It is in a very safe area. Walk to summer concerts, take a short drive to the Clinton Docks for a Lobster Roll ---what more could you ask for! The hotel may be older and yes, you are given a metal key; however, it is clean, has Wi-Fi, some large rooms to include a table and two chairs, refrigerator and microwave to meet your basic needs. Over the many times my family and I have stayed here, we have never seen a roach. The owner and family are friendly and eager to ensure that your needs are met. As noted in a previous review, I agree that this is not the “ritz”; however, it is clean, in an excellent location and affordable as compared to everything else in the area. Since we are from the area, we are very familiar and I would not consider staying anyplace else.

Room Tip: Request one of the larger rooms that are on the side facing in the direction towards Westbrook
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Summer5R
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A friend and I stayed at this motel two nights Aug 2014. Was a little nervous because of the reviews, when we told the owner some of our concern she let us inspect the room before we stayed, the only thing we noticed was a little mold on shower curtain, which she changed immediately. Bedding, bathroom, were clean. A little outdated but clean, it is an older motel and needs some touching up. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again we had room 3 which is one of the larger rooms. Price was reasonable and very close to beach, If you are a 4 or 5 star traveler you will not enjoy your stay. It is more like a 2-3 star. There was no evidence of bugs anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank BarbCorm
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms was clean and the staff were nice. Close to the beach and shopping also. The price was very good compared to other motels on the shoreline ( rediculous during the summer season). Obviously it's not the ritz but if your on a budget this worked out well for us.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jparks334
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I was caught in a bad snowstorm and I had to find lodging. A night's stay there was priced at $60. I was given an actual metal key for my room. As soon as I opened the door, I could already tell a renovation was well overdue. The cleanliness of my room was questionable plus I found a dead roach under one of the towels. In addition to that, saw one crawling on the mirror too. I strongly advise against going there until renovations and a full extermination of the motel has been completed.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Mister_H_Train
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This place needs a real facelift. I was old, musty and with cracked tile and a broken but working air conditioner if just needs a complete redo. Of course it is hard to find reasonable accommodation on the shoreline but for $80.00 I expected more.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled room if they have any available
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DeclanS
Reviewed 16 March 2013

It's a nice and clean motel, we stayed there for 2 nights, it was in may 2012 we had a great long weekend and clinton is beautiful town, we got very good deal for 2 night stay at clinton motel very good location, nice, clean and big rooms. Overall good deal.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Kmayank
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
13.6 km away
8 km away
Super 8 Old Saybrook
Super 8 Old Saybrook
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Clinton Motel? Share your experiences!