“Quick trip”

Clinton Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clinton
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Read some of reviews, and seems that owners have put some money in it. Got a 2 double bed that had plenty of room and bathroom seemed to have had some work done(new tiles?) yes, wifi available. Close to beach and good price.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I thought this would be a good place to stay while I visited my son who was up in the area. This Motel had only 15 rooms, and plenty of parking. It was located across the street from the Clinton Police department. The room size was nice and the small fridge worked well, but the bathroom left a lot to be desired.

First, the bathroom was small, barely enough room for a sink, toilet and stall shower (no bathtub here). In order to step out of the shower, you had to walk around the sink. The shower was a handheld unit, but it could not be positioned so that it would spray the middle of the shower, so the only way to use it was to hold it. I dropped it a couple of times and ended up spraying the entire bathroom.

The sink had no vanity, so you had to balance your supplies on the edge of the sink -- this making it difficult to use.

Room Tip: Try to find a chain hotel in the area.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jon762
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This motel was certainly adequate and convenient for my needs. I was attending a retreat in the town next door and Clinton Motel was only about 15 from my location. It is an older motel with many renovations happening at this time. My room as serviceable and very clean which is a BIG thing! They use the older type of bedding which makes me a bit squirmy (you know, the bedspreads that don't get changed and who knows what has happened on them?) so I took off the bedspread and brought in my own covering. The heat was problematic. Choices were roasting hot or freezing cold. Fortunately, I like it cold when I sleep so I was fine. During the renovations, they forgot to put an outlet in the bathroom for the hair dryer but the front desk warned me about it. However, they did NOT warn me about the microwave cord not reaching an outlet. I had to pick it up, carry it across the room and place it on the table near a working outlet. I'm a 68 year-old woman but I need my coffee in the morning so it had to be done. Nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Bathroom had just been renovated but had absolutely NO shelf space. Had to use the back of the commode for toiletries. Bed was comfortable. Towels are threadbare and my face cloth even had a big hole in it. Nothing to "write home about" except the price was decent for off season on the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2016

This was a great choice for my visitors. It was clean and comfortable, had a central location and the walk-in shower was very convenient for a handicapped person. I would recommend this and use it again for visitors.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

I spent four relaxing days here. The owner/manager was very helpful. When the microwave in my room didn't work, she personally came over with a new one within five minutes. This is a budget hotel in the sense that it has been around a while, but everything was clean and comfortable. It's a twenty -minute walk to the town beach, which is very peaceful. I hope to come back and stay here again at some point.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Florecita_S
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We attended an event in nearby Westbrook and rather than driving home we booked on night in this motel. The outside of the motel could do with some refurbishing as the first impression was not great. The room was clean, and the staff was friendly. The room was dark as the only lights were on the sides of the bed. I have stayed at nicer hotels for the same money.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 23 June 2016

After reading so many reviews of this motel, we felt we were coming to an older but nice motel. The manager was lovely and veery accommodating, but the room and grounds were a disappointment. Yes, the room was clean and the bathroom was clean. But, the bedding was very old and the drapes were older. The bed was very soft and second pillows didn't have case on them (they were inside the dirty sham. The towels were small and old. There were holes in the screens so we couldn't open the windows and the air conditioner was extremely loud as it recycled every fifteen minutes or so. We could hear the people in the room next to us as they took their showers which seemed to be several times at night and in the morning. Our room was on the road side of the motel and near a stop light so we heard every truck stop and start from the light. The pool was in the back and needed to be cleaned. There was only a ladder to get into it so my friends didn't feel comfortable getting in. Had I thought I was going to a two star hotel, I would have been okay with it. But so many of the reviews and your rating system led me to believe it was a 3-4 star motel. Yes, it had a small refrigerator and a microwave, but it felt like a motel from out of the 50's. We don't get to go to the beach often so I was kind of sorry the motel didn't measure up to my expectations. Our friends stayed across the courtyard from us and they didn't seem to experience the noise problems we did. It is a good price for the area. I just wouldn't rate it more than 2 stars. I don't want to say it was poor so your rating system makes it difficult to grade it accurately.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 2 or that side of the motel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fuzzylambchop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
13.6 km away
8 km away
Super 8 Old Saybrook
Super 8 Old Saybrook
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Clinton Motel? Share your experiences!