All reviews stayed here room was clean would stay again per night state park bedding route shoreline town shower ct passing management
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here while visiting shoreline area of Clinton. Good location on Route 1, easy drive to great restaurants, the town marina, and Hammonasset Beach. Motel had a nice pool in the back, very clean. Room was small, but had everything we needed (except clothes hangers) and was very clean. Friendly staff. My husband was bothered by truck noise at night, but I never heard it. Very comfortable King size bed. Price was right for us.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoyStitcher
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Read some of reviews, and seems that owners have put some money in it. Got a 2 double bed that had plenty of room and bathroom seemed to have had some work done(new tiles?) yes, wifi available. Close to beach and good price.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FrequentFlier576814
Reviewed May 2, 2017

I thought this would be a good place to stay while I visited my son who was up in the area. This Motel had only 15 rooms, and plenty of parking. It was located across the street from the Clinton Police department. The room size was nice and the small fridge worked well, but the bathroom left a lot to be desired.

First, the bathroom was small, barely enough room for a sink, toilet and stall shower (no bathtub here). In order to step out of the shower, you had to walk around the sink. The shower was a handheld unit, but it could not be positioned so that it would spray the middle of the shower, so the only way to use it was to hold it. I dropped it a couple of times and ended up spraying the entire bathroom.

The sink had no vanity, so you had to balance your supplies on the edge of the sink -- this making it difficult to use.

Room Tip: Try to find a chain hotel in the area.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jon762
Reviewed February 27, 2017

This motel was certainly adequate and convenient for my needs. I was attending a retreat in the town next door and Clinton Motel was only about 15 from my location. It is an older motel with many renovations happening at this time. My room as serviceable and very clean which is a BIG thing! They use the older type of bedding which makes me a bit squirmy (you know, the bedspreads that don't get changed and who knows what has happened on them?) so I took off the bedspread and brought in my own covering. The heat was problematic. Choices were roasting hot or freezing cold. Fortunately, I like it cold when I sleep so I was fine. During the renovations, they forgot to put an outlet in the bathroom for the hair dryer but the front desk warned me about it. However, they did NOT warn me about the microwave cord not reaching an outlet. I had to pick it up, carry it across the room and place it on the table near a working outlet. I'm a 68 year-old woman but I need my coffee in the morning so it had to be done. Nice to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Bathroom had just been renovated but had absolutely NO shelf space. Had to use the back of the commode for toiletries. Bed was comfortable. Towels are threadbare and my face cloth even had a big hole in it. Nothing to "write home about" except the price was decent for off season on the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank C1Traveler
Reviewed October 21, 2016

This was a great choice for my visitors. It was clean and comfortable, had a central location and the walk-in shower was very convenient for a handicapped person. I would recommend this and use it again for visitors.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple