“Should be Red Rose "RESTAURANT" and desserts and more!”

Red Rose Desserts and More
Ranked #14 of 40 Restaurants in Colchester
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I am so happy I happened to find Red Rose Restaurant ( I vote to change the name so everyone will know there is so much more than baked goods! )

We were taking a road trip to NJ and wanted to pick up some sandwiches to have along the way and ordered from Red Rose.

We ordered the Big Blue, Opening Day ( which normally comes with a spicy mayo and I was able to substitute a regular mayonnaise as I don't really care for spicy foods much), The Tomato Caprese and a Turkey build your own. ( Build your own is you being able to customize the sandwich yourself with your favorite type of cheese, bread etc)

The opening day was tuna, avocado and bacon which sounded like an interesting combination and once I tried it realized how amazing the flavors are together! It was a real home run

All the sandwiches were incredible! The sandwiches were very generous portions and were thoughtfully packaged in leakproof closable rectangle boxes. The packaging is simply brilliant and perfect for taking along on a picnic, in the car, concert on the green or to a soccer game etc. Each box was labeled with the name of the sandwich so once we were on the road I could easily hand everyone their sandwich they ordered without the annoyance of having to peek at each one and try to figure out who's was who's food.

We also ordered a few smoothies; one was with peanut butter and the other was an almond coconut flavor. Both were absolutely heavenly. Not too sweet, not too tart, not too grainy, but nice and smooth and a perfect thickness.

We also each got a chocolate chip cookie which we all agreed were the best in CT

Not one thing to be critical of at Red Rose; 5 solid stars

The restaurant is just down the street from the Colchester Green ( on the same street as the old Colchester Bakery and close to the fabric store for those of you looking for a landmark)

There is a parking lot, a few tables to eat outside, friendly helpful employees, clean establishment and phenomenal food

The restaurant does not have an actual website but they seem to update their facebook page regularly with daily specials; and there also is a link to their instagram page which shows a picture of the blackboard in the restaurant with the menu choices. Perhaps they can have a large picture of the menu show up first all the time when we click on the facebook page so its super easy to find the menu for take out ordering

Will be stopping in again this week as I saw many other items on the menu I cant wait to try

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband, daughter and I had lunch here recently. They had lots of fun sandwich choices, and a really tempting bakery. It is a small place but does have indoor seating, and a few tables outside. It did get busy around noon, I was glad went a bit earlier. I have not tried them for breakfast, but they have some simple egg sandwiches, muffins, yogurt, etc. Closed on Monday.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I was only aware of this place as a dessert store. We saw a facebook post about them having cookie dough filled cupcakes and had to stop in. We were immediately caught off guard by all the different things offered here. They do soups,breakfast sandwiches, many different types of paninis, other breakfast goodies and of course a nice dessert selection. I love all the additional food options as it turns it into something with much more utility then just a straight up dessert store.

The prices are great value and the desserts were fantastic. Since leaving the Chicago area a few years ago, we haven't been able to find a shop that surpassed one of them we frequented there. I can happily say this one does that. We will be back to try out the different non dessert options as well.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Almost by accident we discovered this Gem!
Quality food, excellent prices and delicious seafood chowder.
Returned to ask if I could have desserts to pick up for Easter. Went ahead of time asked for certain goodies to be ready on Friday. Returned and all the precious goodies were packaged and ready for our trip that weekend.
Looking forward to our next trip to Red Rose Desserts and more.
The soup, panini are available too. Saw lots of construction workers picking up lunch.