“Wonderful place”

Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Colchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2017

From the moment you walk up to the door, it seems welcoming. A lovely exterior and gracious hostesses inside. We were seated right away (Wednesday nite). Super yummy menu choices and specials. The service was great- I always like when they fill the water without asking for it! I had the shrimp with pesto cream sauce (lots for left-overs)and my husband had the sausage and peas- even he had some leftovers! The bread is delicious. We also had the tomato/cheese/olive special app and (of course) ate it all. Best of all, my favorite dessert- carrot cake (OK, I took it home). Just a really pleasant night out. Oh, and the BYOB certainly was nice- since you don't have to pay 2-3 times what a bottle of wine costs!

2  Thank Emily b

Reviewed September 14, 2017

It's not always easy to find good food in a small town, so family-run Nunu's is especially welcome. There are lots of Italian classics, plus some more modern fare, like pumpkin ravioli. A vegetarian, I enjoyed the cheese ravioli a la vodka, while my companion had Chicken Elena piled with artichoke hearts and mushrooms. Located in a Victorian carriage house, Nunu's is spacious, clean and comfortable. Service is attentive and friendly but not intrusive. The BYOB policy is a plus, allowing for a celebratory meal with appetizer, coffee and dessert without busting the budget. There is an adjoining deli selling olives and other Sicilian specialties.

1  Thank aztxca1
Reviewed August 8, 2017

An old house with local paintings, cheap vinyl table clothes, and consistently good food. It is just how I remember Sunday dinner at grandmas. Started with the antipasto and there was a good amount of meat, cheese, olives and veggies. For the prices, I could have used a few more slices of meat, but this was not a big deal. GF had the meat ravioli, and the pasta was cooked perfectly and the marinara was vibrant and not overly sweet. I had the sausage with mushrooms which had big chucks of sausage (seemed homemade as it was a bit dry) and large mushrooms which were cooked down into a silky brown sauce. Overall a great meal. Only complaint is that I requested fettuccini and they gave me linguini. She said this was due to them being out of fettuccini. I was a little disappointed they did not tell me this, as I would have opted for the penne (up front I told the waitress I did not like thin pasta).

As a side note - they have a corkage fee and charge for olive oil. This is, and always has been clearly stated on their menu. So please take other reviews with a grain of salt.

1  Thank KMAN1981
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Though a little on the pricier side for Colchester, the food is excellent. Love the Osso Bucco when they have it. Hanger steak very flavorful and tender. Pasta dishes very tasty. Highly recommend.

1  Thank lmixter07
Reviewed August 1, 2017

The wait staff are untrained, ill-mannered, and clueless. The stand-in hostess was particularly impolite and discourteous, and the entire staff requires training in customer service. Our waitress pierced the wine cork, allowing debris into the bottle and thought nothing of it. Our group has dined here before,but will not return unless and until some members of the staff are replaced or are properly trained.

1  Thank Rosemary N