“Outstanding”

Inishmor Pub
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: Irish, Brew Pub
Reviewed November 5, 2017

To anyone looking for that rare combination of delicious food, friendly & attentive staff as well as fun & relaxed atmosphere, the Inishmor Pub is the place for you. First the food: not your typical pub menu. Instead a great selection of unique creations that will make you want to come back & try them all. Our party of 4 started with several appetizers: fried pickles complimented by a great sauce on the side. A hit with everyone, including me despite the fact that I am not a fried food fan & do not even like pickles. Appetizer #2: the sweet potatoes with goat cheese, roasted red grapes & honey. These were amazing. The combination of flavor was right on. One of my new favorite dish.
Appetizer #3: their cucumber salad with radishes, mint & feta cheese. So refreshing & light, seasoned to perfection.
Moving on to the entrees. I was so thankful there were several of us so we could taste each other's choices. I went with the Shepherd's pie & I am so glad I did. The lamb was the best I have ever had, amazing flavor, not dried up paired with tasty peas & carrots topped with excellent mashed potatoes & cheese for a nice finishing touch. Also, it came with this delicious slice of bread. Its sweetness reminded me of a waffle. A great addition to an already great dish. I highly recommend this to anyone lucky enough to have a meal here. You are in for a massive treat (portion was quite generous).
Another choice at our table was the grilled cheese #1. One more perfect example of a great combination of flavors. Wonderfully executed.
Last but not least, the meatloaf. Its taste & its presentation make this selection yet another fine choice. It will come in the form of a large slice with grill marks on it & its flavor will delight you. The scalloped potatoes that came with it were also delicious.
We all had an outstanding experience here & would absolutely come back. The sooner the better.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner with friends on Saturday night. Wait was only 20-25 minutes for a table so we had a drink at the bar from the expansive tap menu. Food was excellent! Corned beef and cabbage was delicious, but the Monte Cristo sandwich was unbelievable! Service was spot on. We will definitely be returning...soon!!!

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch last weekend. We live in a neighboring town and never knew it existed! The food was great along with the service. I also like the atmosphere - we will be back.

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

So delighted to have this in our town! So delicious I hugged our waiter. Will be going back again, and again, and again.....

Reviewed August 14, 2017

This was our 1st time here and we will be back. Only drinks this time but they were very good and inventive! Can't wait to try the food. Our waitress on Saturday night was a peach.