“Business trip could be restless night” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ethan Allen Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
GreenLeadersBronze level
Princeton, New Jersey
“Business trip could be restless night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Hotel is not in a great location, but accessible from Interstate 84, and is relatively easy to find. The room could be a bit better, if it is not for the noisy room heaters-- they will wake you up, unless you are exhausted and sound sleeper. Breakfast is ok, not great. Rooms are not that great due to very old carpet, and walls showing sign of age. Unfortunately, Danbury is not full of hotels- So for less than $100 a night, I would rate it average to below av.

Cleanliness
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT. We appreciate your buisness and welcome your feedback.

We apologize that the heater in your room was noisy. Needless to say, we understand how frustrating that must have been. Rest assured, that is not the norm and we will address this.

We will undergo a muli-million dollar renovation soon and the items you mention will be replaced with brand new Ethan Allen furniture and finishings.

Please feel free to call me directly the next time you visit Danbury, so I may personally assit you with your reservations. The best way to contact is me is (203) 448-7100. I look forward to hearing from you soon!. Thank you -

Warmest Regards,

21 Lake Ave. Extension
Danbury, CT 06811

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
Bronx, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I read somewhere that the hotel has probably seen better days. It must have been splendid some 30 years ago. You can still see it in the lobby. But these days it's more "shabby chic" than chic, and the lovely Ethan Allen furniture has seen better days. Scuff marks everywhere, dirty and loose fitting lampshades, the tones of beige and pink dissolving into greyness. The room is equipped with a dinosaur of a TV and the high-speed internet is definitely not high-speed (I had to ask the receptionist to reset the router 3 times during the 2-day stay). That said, the employees are fantastically helpful and pleasant to deal with---top notch, in fact, and worth five stars on their own. Room service is good; the food quite amazing. The pillows are the best. Overall, though, next time I'll try Hilton Garden Inn a bit down the road, which just seems to be newer/fresher/better business facilities.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Eva,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT . We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are thrilled that you found our employees to be 5 Star. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best people" in the market.

Thank you for your positive comments about our room service food and we are pleased that you enjoyed our Ethan Allen bedding, and liked our pillows. We truly believe in providing our guests with a good night's sleep.

We will undergo a multi-million dollar renovation soon and those dinasour TV's you mention, will be replaced with flatscreens.

Eva, we want you to continue to be our guest and stay with us each and every time you visit Danbury. Please contact me directly at (203) 448-7100 so I may personally assist you with your reservations and obtaining the "best" possible rate.

We look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you -

Best,

General Manager, Ethan Allen Hotel
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for nearly 20 years and hasn't changed much over that time. it almost always provides a decent service and represents good value compared with other hotels in the Danbury area. Could do with some investment in new TV's in the hotel bedrooms and new gym equipment though.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel for the past 20 years!

We are thrilled that you continue to stay with us for your all of your business travel. We appreciate your patronage and welcome your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you feel our service is "decent" and you are receiving "good value".

The Ethan Allen Hotel will undergo a multi-million dollar renovaton soon and the guestroom TV's will be replaced with flatscreens and the gym will receive brand new work out equipment. We are excited about our upcoming renovation and we think you will be too.

We certainly look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly so I may assist you personally with your future reservations. I can be reached directly at (203) 448-7100. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you!

Warmest regards,

21 Lake Ave. Ext.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Nice hotel right off the highway; We loved that there was a sitting area with tv and couch, chair,table and desk in addition to separate room with the bed and another TV. Plenty of free parking at the hotel. They had a restaurant and bar there as well which was convenient and they had a wonderful Sunday Brunch that included both breakfast and lunch foods and carving station, etc. and they didn't rush us out. I would definately stay there again if I were in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Rhondi,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel. We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are pleased to here that you found our hotel conveniently located and enjoyed the free parking. We are further pleased that you enjoyed our spacious guestrooms and Fairfields Restaurant & Lounge. We appreciate your positiive comments about our "award winning" Sunday Brunch.

When you are ready to return, please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist your future reservations. Thank you again for your comments and feedback!

Best,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We were in town for a wonderfuly family event when it was spoiled by the actions of the GM Janice [---], the front desk manager and the staff at this Ethan Allen Hotel. We found blood on the bedspread and called the front desk. We told them we just wanted them to know and that we would just use the other bedspread. We checked the next day and they never removed the bedspread from the room, they just left it where we placed it. When I returned home, I found out items were stolen from our room - not of high value - just some costume jewelry and a blouse, but stolen nonetheless. Called the front desk manager and left repeated messages, she never returned calls. Then I called the GM Janice, who FINALLY called me back. After she interrogated me ("did you file a claim with your insurance company?") and, "I don't know how that happened, that's never happened before" - yeah, right! I simply wanted reimbursement for my stolen items, I told her the value was only $70. She reluctantly apologized. Is that it? No effort to compensate me! After I pressed her, she offered a free night. No, thanks. I'm not fond of sleeping in establishments with blood stained bedspreads, problems with theft, and unresponsive and uncooperative management. It wasn't until I wrote the PRESIDENT of Ethan Allen hotels (Hay Creek Hospitality, who by the way, never responded to me) that a gift card appeared in my mail box ffrom Janice [---] for reimbursement. This after 3 months of back and forth phone calls and a letter. To add insult to injury, the gift card was only for $30, even though I told Janice [---] that the value of the stolen items was at least $70. What a degrading response and a lousy display of customer service. I am sure Janice [---] will provide a rebuttal. Don't say you weren't warned. I will never stay here again. Find someplace else to stay in Danbury, you have many other options. I would give it NO stars if I could.

Room Tip: Don't stay here under any circumstances. Unsanitary and not secure.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

First time to Danbury from Australia. Never heard of the hotel chain before nor is it well know in the US.

Very good service checkin were very efficient, bfst lady was very attentive and the housekeepers OMG really does your room as if you're the only one staying in the hotel and I know the hotel is busy because all the conference audience stay in this hotel.

The hotel is cute it is well designed and filled with premium furniture... until i found out that Ethan Allen is a furniture make co. with lodge business then aha moment.

Looks unassuming from the outside but inside the rooms are huge! separate living room and the bed room.

Two negatives: The aircon is noisy... but if you had jetlag no noise will bother your sleep. And the TVs... each room has 2 TV in the lounge and in the bedroom but for goodness sake they need to update those dinosaurs.. I smiled the first time I saw it... it reminds me of my grandad house only its colored.

Overall i'm pleasantly surprise for this hotel in this small town..

Dear Mollie,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT. We appreciate your business and welcome your feedback.

We are pleased that you found our staff to be efficient both in the dining room and upon check in. We are further pleased that you found the hotel to be "very" clean; this is something we pride ourselves on.

We are thrilled that you feel the hotel is well designed and you like our Ethan Allen furnishings throughout. You will be happy to learn that our current TV's in the guestrooms will be replaced soon with flatscreens during our upcoming hotel renovation.

Mollie, we look forward to your return stay at the Ethan Allen Hotel the next time you visit Danbury. Thank you for your comments!

Warmest Regards,

Dahlonega GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Hotel has everything needed for a pleasant stay. Rooms are nicely appointed and the private brunch for our family wedding event was quite nice. Unfortunately, an expensive jewelry set was left on the dressing table in the room while packing. The weekend front desk manager's response was inept and dismissive to our same day (early evening) call alerting him to our mistake. The room hadn't been rented so there was still hope. The GM took control when she returned. An exhaustive search found nothing. It was determined that the only person that entered the room after our departure and subsequent return to file a police report was a member of the cleaning staff. We were allowed to recheck the room but to no success. Don't make the same mistake that we did... leave your jewelry at home. I wouldn't use "the safe" since there was total confusion about who had access to front desk safe.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TripJanice, General Manager at Ethan Allen Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you for choosing the Ethan Allen Hotel in Danbury, CT for your recent hotel stay and for your private family brunch. We truly appreciate all of your business!

The next time you plan on visiting the area, please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your reservations. The best way to contact me is at (203) 448-7100.

We look forward to seeing you soon and often! Thank you -

Warmest regards,