All reviews front desk room was clean home away from home microwave and fridge danbury area booked this hotel convenient location coffee maker stayed one night ct mirror exit
Reviewed March 13, 2017

This is the type of hotel that a 3 star rating was made for. It was a place for you to stay overnight, and that's about it.

My wife and I were traveling through the area recently and stayed for one night. We arrived later in the evening, and the check in process was painless. Unfortunately, despite a relatively empty parking lot, and a clear note on our reservation to be in a quiet location, we were given a room directly across from the elevator. We were both too tired to go downstairs and swap out rooms, but this is the type of thing that 4 and 5 star rated properties usually don't screw up.

The room was acceptable. The bathroom was clearly old, and in need of a re-model. The carpets were ones where I felt like I needed to wear my shoes because I wasn't sure when it was deep cleaned last.

Nothing especially bad happened on this stay, but at the same time, nothing great happened either. Hence the 3 star rating.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JasonArroyo
Reviewed March 4, 2017

Our stay here was just OK. The room was pretty clean and had the basics for a one-night stay. The shower had a minor issue with the drain (it didn't drain well) and the shower curtain wouldn't stay put. The hotel is located in a busy commercial area near other hotels and lots of stores and restaurants. It's very convenient to Interstate 84, as well, which is one reason why we chose this hotel. Check-in was slow because they were understaffed. There was plenty of parking and the hotel was relatively quiet during the night. I feel that we paid too much for our room, though. I discovered later that there were better deals to be had at better quality hotels nearby.

Room Tip: A room on an upper floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Embrace_Life_Now
Monica M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Dear Embrace_Life_Now,

Thank you for your recent stay and your review.

We appreciate your comments and will use these comments to improve our level of service. It is our goal for all guests to enjoy their time with us.

We hope that you will give us a second chance to make a first impression the next time you are in Danbury.

Monica Morgan, CHA

Reviewed January 29, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn based on the $69 rate in the Hotel Coupon booklet. The room was clean and comfortable. The wifi had a consistent, strong signal. We didn't have the morning breakfast. The onsite restaurant- 99 had excellent food with great service.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Hi NSRoadrunner,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to providing comfortable and good value accommodations. The time and effort you have made to share your wonderful experience with us is highly appreciated. Let us assure you that we will continuously strive for improvement to make your future stays even better.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 8, 2016

Awesome Hotel! Janet in the dining room was the best part of our dining room experience in our 3 week vacation. Kind, considerate, making sure we had everything we needed and that my 6' 2" son had a really good breakfast! We will be happy to visit here next spring. Sayad and Ed made us feel welcome and were very understanding and helped us out with an issue we had. This has made up our minds on what hotel chain we will use from now on! Over 3 weeks we used many others. No more. Holiday Inns from now on!!!

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank e h
Monica M, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2016

Dear e h,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel @ I-84! I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Janet and Ed have been with our hotel for a number of years and I'm glad they were able to help you throughout your stay.

Next time you stop by Danbury, please stay with us again!

Thank you!

Best,

David Marella
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed October 18, 2016

The room was nice, and comfortable....no complaints. Check-in, however, was difficult....I had a company reservation that was paid, yet they attempted to collect from me, saying it was unpaid. Even the head manager was not sure....this made check-in a long, drawn-out affair, and thus I got no rest for my event later that night after a long drive. Again, room was good, and also enjoyed the attached restaurant/bar.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business