“My memorable stay at Residence Inn, Danbury,CT for the past 8 months”

Residence Inn Danbury
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Danbury
Danbury, Connecticut
“My memorable stay at Residence Inn, Danbury,CT for the past 8 months”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Thanks to Sue and the wonderful team lead by her. Amazing hospitality from all, be it the GM Sue or front desk persons like Lori/ Ed/ Janice/Janet or Others Hanna/George/Tony, even to the housekeeping persons like Jorge/Wayne/Clarence/Ruth/others.

Fast Wi-Fi and clear telephone lines made working from hotel cool. Pick up & drop to office & other shopping places made life easy. Enjoyed all the other good facilities provided by the hotel, like well-lit spacious clean room, gym, breakfast & evening snacks.

Smiling and ever helpful staff made it all happen. Staying from 7-Aug 2011 to 29-Mar 2012. Any further visit to Danbury, I will definitely stay only at Residence Inn.

Thanks for this fabulous experience

Room Tip: Top floor rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I am here since Mid February 2012 and really I feel like Home. I am still here and really enjoying my stay in Residence Inn.The staff is really supportive ,amazing and they take care of each and everything for you.The rooms are well furnished and very clean.Breakfast and evening snacks are always good and tempting.Other services are also very good. Thank you for making my stay beautiful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel for over a month, and i loved my stay in there. I so much enjoyed my stay there that i don't even feel like going back home. To start with there is an incredible view around the hotel and the people there are truly amazing and will always be there for you for your every requirement be it very small to very large one. The rooms are big and good and very neat and clean plus the breakfast they server really made the day.

I would recommend everyone staying in danbury to visit there and spend some quality time be it a holiday or work related.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
whgecomm, Manager at Residence Inn Danbury, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Hi Ankush –

Thank you for your positive review of the Residence Inn Danbury! I was thrilled to read that we truly were able to become your a home away from home.

Danbury in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Susan Perrothers, General Manager
Boston, Mass
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We had another stay in Danbury which was to be over the holiday season. On Dec 22 I fell and ruptured a disk. During my long hospital stay (two operations) the staff kept tabs on my progress, gave extra help to my wife, sent me a wonderful flower arrangement and even walked our dog a couple of times. Where else can you get service like that. As always the room is comfortable, the breakfasts excellant and the staff friendly and accomodating. Thank you for caring about us and providing such excellent service.

Room Tip: I always like the top floor. It is quiet and gets the sun first in the AM
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
whgecomm, Manager at Residence Inn Danbury, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you for your kind Trip Advisor review!

Our team always strives to exceed our guests’ expectations and I will be sure to pass your comments along to everyone. We all hope you are continuing to recover nicely from your medical procedures.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Residence Inn should your travels bring you to Danbury again.

Warmest Regards,
Susan Perrothers, General Manager
Busselton, Western Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed here the night before returning a car to Newark the next morning - and it was a good, clean, well managed hotel. We were surprised by the size of the room - it was actually a suite, with a sitting room and kitchen, so the kids could sleep separately from us which was nice. The two TV's allowed us to argue less on programmes! Breakfast was just okay. Kids liked the waffle maker, but the use of plastic cutlery and plates I find very hard to take from an environmental and dining point of view.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
nj
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight because we were attending a party nearby. Check in was friendly and quick, but the property needs an update. The halls smelled of chlorine and our room was heavily sprayed with a terrible smelling "air freshner". The room was okay, there was a small kitchenette, a worn looking sofa and chair and a flat screen tv. We could not believe how uncomfortable the bed was when we went to sleep. The hotel is right next to a busy highway so between the horrible bed and the noise we did not get any rest. In the middle of the night my husband actually suggested leaving and driving home. We will not be back and cannot recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jamhog
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This hotel is very comfortable and friendly, which was a relief to me as I had a 3 month work assignment and it was my home-away-from-home!. I loved that it was so close to the mall, and there are a variety of restaurants and supermarkets nearby. The location is also very handy for the highway. I have read other reviews mentioning the noise from the highway, however I did not experience this at all. I made use of the gym (two treadmills, one cross trainer and weights).

I think what made the stay was the staff above all else: particularly Ed on the front desk and the GM Susan who took the time to talk with me and learn a bit about me. Being away from home and from everyone you know for that long could have gotten lonely, but they made me feel welcome. Breakfast and meal times were always a pleasure as I was always great with a big smile and a 'how are you?'. I also found housekeeping to be very friendly, especially Rosie who went to the extra effort of ensuring my coffee, tea, toilet paper etc was always replenished and would clean extra well. While I was there a guest celebrated a birthday, and they arranged cupcakes for him and shared them with everyone at dinner. Very special!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business