“Weekend Is Best”

Penny's Diner and Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 254 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed June 10, 2017

Have been 3 times - twice for breakfast on the weekend, and once during the week. They only serve eggs benedict with homemade hollandaise sauce on the weekend, which was a disappointment because we went during the week. However, it is worth going on the weekend because their special menu is truly special. Suggested to the staff that they make their hollandaise during the week because they would have more patrons. We will see if that suggestion was moved forward.

Reviewed May 17, 2017

My wife and I stopped for a quick bite before an event. We both got different salads, her the Greek and I the Nicoise. They were both served with bread and fast.. They were huge plates. Very enjoyable. Attentive server. Good all around.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Came in here for a late Sunday breakfast after 1PM. Place had an average crowd - would not consider it busy. Was seated right away but was surprised how long it took to be acknowledged by a server let alone having some ask if we'd like coffee or water. Staff was sitting around talking, catching up and finally a server approached the table to take the order. Food was good - typical of a diner fare. Won't be hurrying back anytime soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

Stopped in before our 2 hour car ride home looking for a good Breakfast/Lunch.... (noon time) This diner did not disappoint. My heart was set on breakfast and I got the spinach/tomato omelette which comes with homefries and toast. All tasted wonderful as you would expect from a good diner. Also for my breakfast I ordered the short stack blueberry pancakes ( I was hungry!)......the 2 good sized cakes were full of blueberries. My son ordered the Chicken Parm grinder that came with french fries and said it was excellent. Service was prompt even though the diner was busy. Hostess was pleasant, warm and welcoming. I loved the feel of the place and paying at the cash register was no big deal and added to the charm. This diner is clean and had a great atmosphere!

Reviewed December 12, 2016 via mobile

The diner did not look shabby at all. It was a busy sunday morning. I think it was partly because it was sunny and warm. We ordered spanakopita since some said this was their special brunch dish. We also got some sweet potato fries. The spanakopita was large and tasty, generous in spinach and cheese. I just wish it was less oily. The fries was okay. Coffee was also okay. Service was efficient. The host also helped taking care of the customers. One minor thing was that you had to pay at the cashier, so when there were some tables playing at the same time you had to wait for some time. Overall the place was pretty good, but then we only ordered 2 items.