“First time visit and very satisfied!”

Penny's Diner and Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 254 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We went for breakfast and my queen and I shared the Rib Eye steak with 2 eggs and hash browns along with cups a coffee. Everything was perfect! The steak was an actual size steak, eggs were good ad the hash browns were god too. Our waiter had his hands full but still took the time to accomedate us. Great diner and will return back. Sorry...forgot to take pictures, food was too good to stop and pose a pic. Lol!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Everything is delicious from the bacon and egg for breakfast or
a grilled cheese or BLT for lunch . You won’t be disappointed as I’ve been going there for over 20 years .

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Service is horrible at this diner. We've been visiting here once a months and it never ever surprises me that basic courtesies aren't even extended. We ordered matzo ball soup which was disgusting and nothing even resembling what a true matzo ball soup looks like...the chicken noodle was very delicious but the service again ruined everything. We came at 1:30 so it wasn't even busy and Rita served us. I brought my mom who asked her to recommend a few items having never been before and was in town visiting and she looked at us like a deer in headlights and told us she doesn't really eat the food there... who says that I ask you?? Management needs to wake up and do a service overhaul and I caution you to read other reviews about the service. Will return for chicken soup on a cold day but tip will reflect service and next time will be minimal as only the chef deserves a tip in this place.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Passing this place, you may think its not worth the chance. Very old and outdated. However the turkey club was the best I have ever had. And that's my go to choice at diners. The staff could be more friendly and it need updating badly. But the food good and that's all that matters

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed June 10, 2017

Have been 3 times - twice for breakfast on the weekend, and once during the week. They only serve eggs benedict with homemade hollandaise sauce on the weekend, which was a disappointment because we went during the week. However, it is worth going on the weekend because their special menu is truly special. Suggested to the staff that they make their hollandaise during the week because they would have more patrons. We will see if that suggestion was moved forward.

Date of visit: June 2017