“Cozy French Bistro”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2017

I love the ambience at Cafe Madeline. Not a huge menu (but not a huge restaurant either) but everything I've ever tried here was delicious. Service is great. This is like a well-run family restaurant but with a sophisticated bistro vibe.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable lunch. We ate here during Fairfield Restaurant Week. They offered a good number of choices. The three course meal was $15. I started with a cup of minestrone soup- it was very fresh and tasty. For my main course I had the warm butternut squash salad- very fresh and tasty. For dessert I had a scoop of chocolate chip gelato- freshly made there. In addition I had decaf coffee - served with steamed milk. My husband had the Caesar salad and Chicken Piccatta. We both enjoyed our meals. In addition we had very good service.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I live in town and this is a regular place for us to visit! It's a small location but very cozy. Madeline is usually present and visits with the customers. All the staff is very friendly. ALL the food is yummy - never disappointed - neither will you! There is also a small outdoor sidewalk patio that's nice when the weather is good. GO!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2017

Zero curb appeal on Post Road (US 1), but absolute gem of a small (30 seats) French restaurant in downtown Fairfield. Food is wonderful (try the Sole Francaise with Asparagus), and the staff is wonderful (especially Noe). Reservations are a good idea -- because it is so small).

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Cafe Madeline never disappoints! The menu is always changing with a wide variety of daily specials and the food is very fresh. The service is great and will cater to your every whim.