“Love this place”
Review of Max Fish

Max Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you're in the mood for good service and great seafood be sure to check out Max Fish, the newest of the Max Restaurant Groups fine dining establishments. True to the Max Restaurant Groups mission statement, this restaurant embodies an uncompromising commitment to quality service, style and superb cuisine that made the Max Group famous. The menu at Max Fish features a wide array of the finest seafood and raw bar items, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients, with something sure to please every member of your group. The Shark Bar at Max Fish also offers a lighter variety of seafood and Max classics in an exciting and up tempo environment. Max Fish is sure to offer you a pleasant and unique dining experience every time you visit. Please stop by soon to see our beautiful new restaurant!
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Love the selection of oysters! Sitting at the oyster bar is always a blast with Kim and Mark! The bartenders are truly mixologists! Great time every time!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had to work the evening of February 14, so we took a late dinner to make up for the missed romantic interlude.

Max Fish was the perfect choice. We got to eat light with excellent service in a cozy atmosphere.

Both of us chose the appetizer calamari with three dipping sauces. The sweet chili remoulade was a perfect blend of hot and sweet.

And we each chose sauteed spinach. Perfectly crispy-tender.

I had sweet potato fries, hot and crisp with minimal salt.

And we split a creme brulee.

Everything was just right, including the charming waitress and the comfortable atmosphere.

The only problem was the full parking lot. A one-block walk was no problem.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I love the Max restaurants, all the ones I have been to have been fantastic. Max Fish is no exception. We went on a Thursday night, and it was super crowded, but we still got a table. My fiance and I ordered the buffalo shrimp, which was served in a tangy sauce with crunchy vegetables and blue cheese dip on the side. They were perfectly cooked, and so yummy I was licking my fingers afterwards. Our entrees were late - about 45 min late. I complained to our waiter and he said that the chef didn't like the look of them and asked for them to be redone. Well, it was worth the wait, because my clams were crispy on the outside and soft and buttery on the inside, and my fiance's lobster was firm and flavorful. And as an apology for making us wait so long for our entrees, dessert was on the house. The sweetness of the cheesecake was paired nicely with the tartness of the blood oranges. The peanut butter/chocolate pie was more pudding than mousse but was to die for. Overall, one of my favorite places to dine, even if it isn't cheap.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

A distant cousin and I met at Max Fish last fall for dinner on a Thursday night. The menu is very expensive, so we both ordered the least expensive fish dinner, which was around $27. We had a glass of wine. As we waited for dinner, the adjacent bar and tables filled up. The dinner was good, but probably not for the price. Lots of 20-somethings talking, and standing aside talking on their cell phones. By the time we left, we had to snake our way out to reach the door. I had wanted to try it for some time, but its not my kind of place.

Reviewed 18 January 2012