“Breakfast after the Orthodontists”

Glastonbury Coffee Shop
Reviewed October 7, 2017

I usually schedule my kids orthodontist appointment before school. So they get up, get dressed brush their teeth and we are out the door before 7AM. While they go in for their appointments I run to the coffee shop - good food, fast service and always a pleasant conversation. My son and I like SAM on a hard roll - that is a fried egg, cheese and sausage on a hard roll. My daughter gets the BLT for breakfast plus some breakfast potatoes. By the time I get back they are just coming out of their appointments. This is not the only time we go there. When there is a day off from school this is the place they want to go for breakfast or lunch.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank lauriew2004

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Great food, great waitstaff, quick turnaround. This restaurant is wonderful, although it is cash only. Food is great and comes out fast. Their menu is extensive from eggs to omelettes to pancakes. Open for breakfast and lunch only. Your typical hometown diner. Haven't been there for lunch, but never disappointed by their breakfasts. Highly recommend!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for half hour and relaxed with a great coffee, family friendly great choice for everyone and nice outside seating.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Tried a simple breakfast here, it was a basic mom and pop place. Good service and food was done well. Only thing is that it's a cash only place but luckily there's an ATM close by.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed February 5, 2017

We had been here once before and had a good experience, so we went back. We were promptly taken to a table, but there was bread crumbs on both of our seats, so we asked to have them cleaned. The person said, "We don't usually clean the seats..." and then went on to explain that most customers don't want to sit on them when they're wet. Ummm, so if it's just crumbs, couldn't you wipe them off with a napkin or a dry towel, or, if a wet cloth was used, dry them off after? She did clean them, but it seemed like we were causing a big hassle.

The food was prepared quickly and tasted good, but my wife noticed the cooks don't wear gloves as they prepare the food. I don't know if it's a law that they have to, but it's a sanitary thing and would make patrons feel better if they did.

When we tried to pay with a credit card, we were told it's cash only. We looked around and didn't see any signs, and another customer said, "Yeah, it doesn't say that anywhere..." So now what? The customer who said there weren't any signs offered to pay for us, but my wife saw a bank across the parking lot and went over to make a withdrawal while I waited inside the restaurant.

We paid and left in disgust, vowing we wouldn't return.

Date of visit: January 2017